Constantly losing DISH signal...

Trock62

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Livermore, CA
I have DISH, hate it, no hopper, no dvr, no bad weather, no loose connections, but constantly lose signal when I just change the channel (msg 015b)...at my wit's end especially with the recent price increase...is anyone else experiencing this?

All complaint, no information.

you could have a bad lnb, a poorly aligned satellite dish or some other problem.

Have you reported your problems to Dish?

What is msg 015b, an error message?

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
I have DISH, hate it, no hopper, no dvr, no bad weather, no loose connections, but constantly lose signal when I just change the channel (msg 015b)...at my wit's end especially with the recent price increase...is anyone else experiencing this?
If you don't have a Hopper 1,2 or 3 then the only thing you can have is a WALLY. Now what dish do you have 1000.2 east or Western Arc? Self install or professionally installed? How old is this install?

If you don't have a Hopper 1,2 or 3 then the only thing you can have is a WALLY. Now what dish do you have 1000.2 east or Western Arc? Self install or professionally installed? How old is this install?
He could also have a 211z, 211k, 211, etc, etc...

Well best way to fix it is the pressure way, you must put the menu on the signal of one of your birds then being behind your dish, hold both hands on either side, put light pressure to the left with both hands, ask someone to monitor the TV you should be on speakerphone, ask did it go worse or better do the same on the other side, and the same top and bottom

DO NOT MOVE DISH BUT ONCE YOU KNOW WHICH WHY IT GETS BETTER to TAKE A BLACK MARKER AND MARK EVERYTHING THING THAT CAN TURN SO YOU CAN GO BACK and now move the dish very very tiny in the direction you put good pressure then repeat until it does NOT improve anymore NOW REPEAT ON THE OTHER BIRDS

Last edited:
Reactions: 907TECH
VIP222 receiver...have had it for about 10-12 years, "professionally installed"...yes I have complained to DISH, trying to get them to believe you're having a problem is a whole different ball game...yes I have received 11-12-45 message before...some of you are kinda dicks.

VIP222 receiver...have had it for about 10-12 years, "professionally installed"...yes I have complained to DISH, trying to get them to believe you're having a problem is a whole different ball game...yes I have received 11-12-45 message before...some of you are kinda dicks.
41rAFm7-arL._AC_SY355_.jpg

We can take a look over your account to assist further if you can contact us here!

If anyone is interested, here's the meanings of the signal codes listed in our stuff:

DigitProcessPossible Values
1stReceiver pings outside equipment and looks for a response1 - Valid response is received
2 - Response is received, but with an error
3 - No response is received
2ndReceiver determines whether the signal is lost or if we're seeing a different signal than expected1 - No, missing signal
2 - Yes, wrong signal
3rdReceiver is checking to determine if there is weather interference1 - No weather
2 - Inclement weather
4thThe receiver is checking to see if it has been reset within the past 10-20 minutes1 - Yes, the receiver has been reset
2 - No, the receiver has not been reset
5thChecking devices inline with the receiver and primary LNB1 - Matches matrix
2 - Doesn't match matrix
3 - Error reply
4 - No reply
6thChecking for secondary dish1 - Result matches matrix or direct LNB install
2 - Result doesn't match matrix
3 - Response is received but with an error
4 - No response is received
5 - Cannot perform check

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)