Contact the technician now if your interested in the 211!

SquadCo6

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Outside Philly
Just got off the phone with a tech, he stated that they got the go ahead to release the 211 not instead of waiting till Feburary 1st. I have it coming on Wednesday!! Just to give you guys the heads up!!! Nice to see them make a choice for the good!!

Last edited:
Probably want to..

SquadCo6 said:
Just got off the phone with a tech, he stated that they got the go ahead to release the 211 not instead of waiting till Feburary 1st. I have it coming on Wednesday!! Just to give you guys the heads up!!! Nice to see them make a choice for the good!!

get as many of these possibily defective (HDMI output) units out there that they can right away :D . Gerry

RandallA said:
Tech. Support is already releasing them? Hmmm. No thanks, I think I'll wait a little longer and see how this plays out.

I couldn't agree with you more. I got a small pang of excitement when I saw the 211's were in peoples' hands. Now I'm hearing about the HDMI problems, so I think I'll wait a few months until the initial rush and the initial bugs all washout.

I just called to try and verify this with a CSR. He was willing to sell me a 211, but he really kept pushing that I should wait until Feb. 1 so that I could take advantage of a huge promotion Dish Network will launch at that time (that is the sound of me snickering). Apparently the computer won't let them offer the $49 dollar 211 lease upgrade just yet.

Our office ran out of 811's in the first week of January and have been installing 211's since. There are a few things I like about the 211. The coax out put is the best advantage. Some people order HD before they have a HD set and with some older TV sets without RCS's it became a pain. I have not installed one using the HDMI so can't comment there. It seems to be a ok receiver from the 20 or so I have installed.

The tech sent me one last week for $50 instead of $49. So, if you wait, you can save a whole dollar. If you need the free Dish 1000, you may need to wait.

Weezknight said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I got a small pang of excitement when I saw the 211's were in peoples' hands. Now I'm hearing about the HDMI problems, so I think I'll wait a few months until the initial rush and the initial bugs all washout.

I recall a similar emotion in late 2003 when the 811 came out. It's not fixed yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts