Content Protection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

killer4110

Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
NJ
I am new to the forums here,but i have my 1st question, for the last 2 days whenever i turn my tv on i get this message

Your TV does not support this programs content protection,replacing the tv's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program.

I have no trouble watching any programs or viewing any channels.

Any ideas?

Welcome.

Can you tell us some details about your system?

1. TV make and model:
2. DirecTV receiver:
3. How is it connected? Straight through or through other hardware

Ok,
Tv is a Samsung,model #LN32B460B2D
DirecTV Box Model H23
And my connection is as follows, HDMI out of DirecTV reciever,into Logitech Revue Google TV,HDMI out of Google TV,into Samsung TV,and my Audio is Optical out of TV into JVC reciever.

Thanks

Try these and report back as your current connection method is a bit odd/non-standard. Maybe you can explain why you have it that way?

1. DirecTV into TV via HDMI (turn off DD)

2. DirecTV into JVC then JVC to TV (mute TV audio) all via HDMI (turn on DD)

Can add in the Google TV after we narrow down the issue

Thanks, that fixed the problem, and now there is really no delay when i power on the Sat Receiver and my TV, I guess since i am running a leaked version of HoneyComb 3.1 on my Google TV it is causing a conflict somewhere...

Thank You for all your help...........

yep go into DirecTV and turn OFF Dolby Digital audio when is connected DirecTV to the TV; as your TV is not multi-channel sound

Thanks, that fixed the problem, and now there is really no delay when i power on the Sat Receiver and my TV, I guess since i am running a leaked version of HoneyComb 3.1 on my Google TV it is causing a conflict somewhere...

Thank You for all your help...........

Likely so. So are you using test #1 or test #2?

I really dont know what test it is, all i know is this thing is sweet right now,and it can only get better,the list of Apps i have running on my TV would surprise most people, as of today i can print from my tv, which is really helpful.

But once again, i thank you for your help with my issue.......

YW!!

In post #4 above I labeled them #1 & #2 ( I use method #2)

1. DirecTV into TV via HDMI (turn off DD)

2. DirecTV into JVC then JVC to TV (mute TV audio) all via HDMI (turn on DD)

I used method #1, i did not turn of DD,then i hooked everything back up the way i had it,and now everything is fine,i did however switch around the HDMI cables, so i am thinking i might have to replace one or two of them.........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)