Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite C1PLL LNBF and CS1 Conical Scalar - Ends 12/16/2013 Midni

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Enter to win The New Titanium Satellite C1PLL and CS1 Conical Scalar. Over $100 value!

atsa00001.jpg

C1-PLL - The world's first C-band PLL (Phase Lock Loop) LNBF. Simplicity of voltage controlled polarity selection with exceptional performance and stability required for reliable reception.

atsa00001.jpg

CS1- Conical scalar kit designed to optimize C-band reception on an offset type dish. Includes Allen head hardware, tool and universal LNBF clamp.

Includes FREE SHIPPING to any postal address in the US (including territories, APO, AFO) or Canada!

Want more information? http://titaniumsatellite.com/products for full specifications details and more photos. Discussions on thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-Satellite-C1-PLL-C-Band-Phase-Lock-Loop-LNBF

How to Enter:
Reply to this thread and tell us a short story about your favorite childhood Holiday memory (doesn't need to be a book). Maybe this great memory was a trip to grandma's house, the Red Ryder BB gun, ice skating on the pond, your dog stealing the turkey, etc...

Small print: This contest is open to any member who is in good standing. One entry per Member. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PDT, 12/16/2013. One winner will be selected at random on December 17th, 2013. If a winner does not respond to the SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.

This prize will be shipped free of charge via USPS to any US or Canadian postal address. If you are outside of the US (including territories) or Canada, you will be responsible for all shipping cost and any brokerage and/or customs fees.
*Contest SatelliteGuys approved

Happy Holidays and Good Luck to All SatelliteGuys Members!

Last edited:
My favorite Christmas memory was when we had an usually huge deep freeze in Georgia. It was -10F Christmas morning! Our house only had the one gas heater in the living room, and the heat never reached more than three feet away that day. So not only did we bundle up for cold weather inside the house, but we'd also open one present at the tree, then run by the heater before getting the next present. I got a telescope that Christmas, but you can imagine my disappointment because #1, it was way too cold to use it, and #2, we discovered the lenses would never stop fogging up for a good week because of the temperature difference between the inside and outside. That cold Christmas will stay engraved in my memory for years to come, even if I were to retire somewhere tropical one day!

I remember that I had an infatuation with black leather motorcycle jackets and was constantly telling my parents that I wanted one for Christmas. Shortly before Christmas one year I found one in a closet that my parents had bought, obviously as a Christmas present for me. I tried it on and it fitted perfectly. I couldn't wait for Christmas so I sneaked out with it and wore it, showing it to all my friends as well as my younger brother. I wore it several times, always putting it back in the closet. At Christmas time I was very pleased with my present and wore it all the time.

I had completely forgot about this childhood adventure and a few years after my Dad had passed away, my brother told the story to my Mom once when I had returned home on leave from the military. My Mom was quite surprised and amazed that both my brother and I had kept the secret and that we knew about her favorite hiding place.

When I was young, if it was snowing in the evening, I and my sister loved to sit in the room that our Christmas tree was setup in with just the tree's lights on, looking out the big picture window in that room and watching the snow fall, usually drinking hot chocolate because we were half frozen from playing outside earlier. Second to that was watching all the holiday specials, which I still watch every year even now. :)

Jeesh, T4Runner's post below jogged a few memories! My oldest brother got one of those Erector sets for Christmas one year and that thing was awesome.
I remember getting build it yourself electronic kits as a kid and really enjoying them. Had one of those 150 in 1 kits one year, think I was eight or nine when I got a build your own multimeter kit, that was a spectacular gift.

Last edited:
My father was bottling room manager for Christian Brothers Winery. So Christmas was always filled with extra gifts from sales people who wanted to be the main supplier. One Christmas in particular I received an Erector set. We are talking AC motor and extra gears in a huge red box that looked like a suitcase. It was an amazing gift for a ten year old. I kept it for many years, but the parts starting disappearing and I couldn't make the ferris wheel anymore which was my favorite creation. Everything was metal and real screws; no plastic! Christmas is more personal to me now, but back then it was an exciting two weeks where I shook, rattled, and guessed what each and every gift was!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

One of my favorite (I do have a few) memories as a child was when my Uncle would visit. He worked for a large company that contracted for an extremely large government organization as a radar technician. Since he had a very broad electronics background he would always bring presents for us kids... that was more in-line with what he was interested in which was great for me as this sort of thing fascinated me. We would spend the whole night putting together a tube radio kit, electronic thermometer, and various electronic gizmos. I guess when it comes to ham radio and electronics he would be the main conspirator in getting me involved in these fields.
Of course my sister wasn't interested in this sort of stuff so I can imagine he went to a lot of trouble to find a gift for her.
He always had really interesting stories to tell us from the various places around the world he worked. Of course he could not tell us a lot about his work... which I suppose made it all the more interesting!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends south of the 49th!
-C.

one of my favorite Christmas memory was when i had to work a Christmas eve and the weather had gotten bad and i thought i could make it home and i got stuck at an intersection because the ice was to slick to drive on

We were an extensive catholic family that spent christmas together around the tree; singin carrols, praying, laughing, etc. Bringing those memories back make me feel I am going to cry (sigh). My favorite memories are those moments after the family dispersed, I stayed alone with my father (who passed away about 20 years ago) and listened his favorite classical xmas music LP collection: beautiful concerts and carrols from Johann Sebastian Bach, Arcangelo Corelli, Frederich Handel, etc.
I am trying tor revive those moments with my two kids who are 16 and 11.

Merry Christmas in advance to the Satelliteguys family.

when i was 5 or 6 the old man had a batch of homebrew on in a closet behind the chimney on christmas eve. He must have used too much priming sugar because in the middle of the night the bottles started popping. To us it sounded like santa. Christmas day we found the mess and figured santa liked beer too lol.

I was usually on my own for Christmas. Anywho...the best memories were Christmas during my teen years. My best friend (who was adopted, un-adopted and 'relocated') would always come over. We'd BBQ steaks, have plenty of chips and dip along w/ buckets of soda all while watching NBA triple header on NBC (usually Bulls vs Lakers/Knicks, Knicks vs Heat/Indiana etc). Remember the NBC/Bulls theme? During those times, we were living like kings.

Cheers, K

Family Christmas traditions: Many years ago Johnny Carson did a Christmas Gift Parody called "Dickey the Stick". Every year since, the person with the longest skinniest package under the tree was the recipient of "Dickey the Stick". :D

Some of lifes lessons may not be evident until much later in life. I remember one year as if it was yesterday I got a two pistol holster set. Well sorta missing one pistol. When I asked where the missing part was, I was told it was way up high in the cupboard where no man could reach without standing on a chair. For many years I was expecting to get that gun !! and I remember plotting a way to get way up there. Long story short i never got it. Then i noticed my cousin had the same one the same type with no holster. I made the connection that our Mothers had split the set between us boys. I liked my cousin so I was no big deal but I harbored feelings of the Glass half empty when in fact the glass was half full and our parents were quite poor. They sacrificed and went without so us kids could have toys. Mothers Birthday was Christmas eve and our tradition was to open our gifts at that time . She passed away peacefully at the ripe old age of 92 at my sister home . She blessed us when we were kids raised us to be generous by example. Her lessons are still teaching me this day. I only have to realize how difficult her life was. Her goal was to make life easier and better for her children . She accomplished her task, Thank You Mom you did a great job. Dont worry about that other pistol I understand...

Winter in North Dakota means playing hockey on the pond, and Christmas means no school. We would be out there as long as we could stand it. Good times.

As a child of the 80's I was obsessed with Nintendo. The year Mario Brothers 2 came out was 1988 making me 8 years old. My parents had hid our presents already wrapped in our camper trailer and I found them. I carefully removed the tape at one end and got the game out and sealed it back up. For about a month before christmas my friends and I enjoyed the game. A few days before chrismas I replaced the game cartridge back into its box and on chrismas morning I had to act surprised... A few years ago I told what I had done and my mother said she knew the whole time... I don't think she did.

Don't judge me!!! 80's kid's were mean!

Christmas memories always are beatiful. All family together: singing, pray, giving gifts. Eat good dinner and delicious cakes. play with the fireworks at midnight. Drink too much hot punch. and break piñatas
For Me all Christmas memories are part of my Life and Now I am trying to do the same Thing with My current Family
Happy Holidays for every one of satellite guys;)

Both !

My best and favorite memory was my son giving my daughter [ from 1st marriage ] an Elmo which was very hard to come by at the time. This was their first meeting. The scene will never leave me. Sadly our son is now enjoying Christmas with " The " original Christmas baby. Merry Christmas to all , and may God bless.

I guess it would be about 1971 when Art, a beer drinking buddy of my Dad's, dressed up as Santa, and delivered gifts around our small Idaho town to kids whose parents had enlisted in his grand scheme and sacked up their gifts for delivery on Christmas eve by THE REAL SANTA. He was quite a sight in his full-on Santa costume, riding his snowmobile with one hand and hanging onto the huge sack of presents with the other.
My 3 year old little brother went for it hook, line, and sinker, as I'm sure most young kids in our little town did that year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts