Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite C2PLL: Two Output C-Band PLL LNBF - Ends April 30th, 2014

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Whe I was a kid . I love to play soccer with my friends, aunts and cousins . And play with my Toys..and Collect little cards ..

one thing i liked to do was and still do - grafting fruit trees in the spring, particularly march. I wasnt real young when i started it, but i still do it.
did 7 grafts this year.

Pictures -- in a new thread of course.

Visiting family in New England....Never forget those trips with my cousins piled in my Memere`s ol Pontiac station wagon on our way to Fenway...Seein Yaz and Rice..Ahh...Good ol days.:D.

Having been born in Vienna, Austria over 70 some years ago, things were extremely different for myself than many others. Remembering bombs exploding nearby, lack of food and heat, loosing my father in the war and having to walk a LONG way to school with holes in the shoe soles and trying to keep the wet out with cardboard inserts. Not a very good time growing up. Having always been the inquisitive type; I remember peeking into the basement window of a woodworking shop to see what the man was doing. One day he saw me and I thought that I was in trouble for peeking but quite the contrary. He asked me to come see his shop and I was just amazed and taking it all in. He took a liking to me, apparently, and he proceeded to build me a push scooter ( Tretroller ) consisting of 2 large ball bearings for wheels, two boards making up where I would stand on and the vertical to which was the handlebar board. I was thrilled that as soon as spring came and the sidewalk were dry I could enjoy my newfound freedom with the push scooter. Had to watch out for any gravel on the sidewalk which resulted spills on my part but didn't matter. We would also collect chestnuts, the non-edible kind, and make figures out of them. We would also collect them, notch them and then dry them so that we could use them as fuel to heat our single room were we lived. Yes, life was much harder then but we were happy with the few treasures which we had and had to use our imagination a lot more than what children do nowadays. Happy to be a US citizen, thanks to my mom who had the courage to bring me to this great country to afford me a better life. She has now left us at the almost age of 98 in Nov 2012, one month short of her birthday, Christmas eve. She had a tough, hard and long life and I owe her a lot of gratitude of how she raised me and tried to teach me ( I'm stubborn/persistent ) She did it her way and " I did it my way ", like the late Frank Sinatra sang. That has been just one of many experience but a most memorable one as a child. Hope I didn't bore anybody. 73, K0ELE, Karl

It was always fun setting lamp traps for flying termites at the first sign of spring rains in the area that I grew up.

I always looked forward to Spring, the new activities always involved going fishing with my Grandfather when the season opened. It was time to put the snowmobile away and get the minibikes, go carts and 3 wheel ATV out.

Thanks for the contest, Brian.

Spring time was the time to make bows and arrows and make slingshots, since the waters like ponds and rivers where still to cold to jump in and our favored store, the dump was to dirty this time of the year to shop/get/look for free needed bicycle parts or part for other projects.

It was a good time to enjoy as little boys since we where allowed to stay longer outside, because with every day the sun would settle later and later and we had to be home by the time it was dark and that gave us extra time outside playing or exploring or do funny things.

We did not have much, but family or friends was better than watching TV in black and white or playing a video game which did not even exist when we where boys.

In years past, I looked forward to Spring because Summer vacation was just around the corner. Now Spring means it's time for upkeep in the dish farm :D ...

Once the snow melted and the ground dried a bit, it was hiking season. My house was set back in the woods with miles of trails behind us. Sometimes I'd wander probably out to the next town over. Other paths would take me to the cow farm up the road or up and down massive hills (at least for my age at the time). Some days I'd just sit on a rock at the top of a waterfall and just let the sounds surround me.

Just getting out of the house without a coat or heavy clothes was the treat. Cutting boats from scrap lumber and floating them down streams, spearing carp spawning in the shallows when the lakes were flooding, disappearing from the parents for whole days and just doing stuff.

I just remember the smell Spring brought with it. It meant that school would soon be out and I'd be free! My elementary school usually had some special activity like a field day during that last week of school. Good times!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Manly I work on the apartment, the Dodge charger and my fta system when its spring time and during the summer.

Dan rose

No more snow blindness, yay!
During my H.S. years, every spring, we'd lay down a continuous row, almost a half mile, of sandbags in preparation for the coming flood.. 4 to 8 bags high. Schools 45-50 miles away would also send buses full of kids willing to trade a 'day of school' for sore backs and arms and a tasty PB&J sandwich. All that is a memory as the 'corps' has finished their 'protection'.

One of my favorite springtime activities was being able to go barefoot again. The feel of grass on my feet. Haven't done that in a long long time.

We lived in south Louisiana where summers were long and winter was short. Us kids, my brother and neighbors and I, would play outside running around. We used sticks for guns and had many shootouts. We would catch dragon flies, those things with the big wings and long tails. We would let them bite us just to see how tough we were. Many times the fire flies (lightning bugs) would come out by the time we went inside. That was long ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)