CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Growing up it was always great when Autumn arrived. The leaves would change color, the grass would be covered with frost in the mornings and the air was crisp and cool. Autumn was a time for anticipation. Anticipation that there would soon be piles of snow, sleds and mugs of hot chocolate. I guess this is why Autumn is still my favorite time of year.

Deer Hunting

When I was a kid, it was much colder here where I live. I remember going hunting with my dad, that was so cool and a lot of fun. I hunted with dad through childhood and my teenage years. Dad stopped hunting for reasons unknown but I continued. For many years my father tended the wildlife on his farm and feed deer every day. It was so funny to see Dad ride the tractor calling the cows in and seeing the deer coming to him. He had many deer friends who visited him daily. He loved the animals and I suppose they loved him in their own way. The day my father died it had been a couple of years since he feed the deer due to a long bout with cancer. I was surprised to see so many deer at his home...Had someone told me this story I would have passed it as being a tall tale but I saw it myself and have to say it was a wonderful thing. Seeing all those deer come to his home was shocking and sad but a happy thought....

I have never hunted any type of animal since that day...and never will...

autumn in virginia

the year we went to virgina to see friends fo thanksgiving. what a differene from texas. the colors, tfields of pumpkins, the apples, and people. whent we left to come home, 8inches of snow before we got to tenn. what a great trip.

some of my favorite memories were going trick-or-treating in the city of Maywood, CA, next to the now infamous city of Bell. my cousins & I would walk around the neighborhood thru the leaves on the ground. we would always visit the convalescent home to get candy as well. now, the neighborhood we used to walk thru is now a high school!

Thanksgiving was also neat as the weather would get colder and we would all get together to have dinner at one of my aunt's house. you would always swear to everyone that you had eaten the best food to your friends and it wouldn't compare to their thanksgiving. with their big screen TV, the only one in the family practically @ 65", it'd be football all day and a laserdisc movie at night.

I may be only 30 years old, but im glad i grew up in an era where the holidays werent extremely commercialized, like Thanksgiving & Christmas. I still get that feeling when im at work (a community college in SoCal) when i walk thru the leaves and the weather gets colder and i've got a cup of coffee in my hand. now in the neighborhood i live in now, i feel i can pass on the traditions that i had when i was growing up and not have to worry too much about the bad stuff for my stepson.

Contest Entry

You are gonna think I'm making this up...but my favorite and most vivid childhood memory of fall is hog killing day. For real. When I was a kid in Oct or Nov my parents would get me, my sister, and my cousins out of school. We would go to my grandparents' house where the hog was pinned. He was kept there for months being feed and fattened up for the kill. My dad and uncle would shoot the hog, string it up and skin it.

My grandmother would take the intestine and cook them in a huge wash tub over an open fire. She would then cut them up and deep fry them. Ever had homemade chitlins? I have. We would salt the ham and hang it in the smoke house as well as make our own sausage.

It was a really cool experience and a cool memory I'll never forget.

My favorite memory was hiding under a large pile of leaves while my brother set the dog loose to find me. He would run right to the pile and dig me out.

I remember going to the Ice Rink Not far from Home. When you are young you love Fall and Winter. the Older you get the less you Enjoy Fall and Winter.
I have become Less tollerant for the Cold Weather.
Thanks for the Chance to win the Satellite system!

Favorite autumn memories while growing up were going to pumkin patch and walks in the park on a cool sunny day with my brothers and sisters looking at all the trees and there colors.We would play alot of football and jump in the leaves we just racked up.Also came home and my mom would make hot chocolate and pop corn and watch movies that night.

I came from a very poor household, Autum was just another month trying to survive.

We lived in a house with no windows, and no heat, and no walls inside.

Well I managed to survive, and grow up, and get married, and raise a family of Me, my wife, and three children.

The kids are now grown, and not rich, but making it. Me I am retired with my wife of 45 years, I have health problems from not having proper food and care. We are making the best of life with the time we have left on this planet.

Take care of your family. Learn to love them for what they are. Enjoy life, it only comes once and this is no rehearsel.

I do enjoy Autum now, the wife and I go for walks here in Oklahoma, and cherish each other every day.

We have learned to stop and look at things around us, and see the beauty of life and nature.

Autumn

Raking leaves in the fall is one of my fondest memories. It was a lot of work but we had fun as a family.

Fall has always been and will always be my favorite time of year. The weather is cool and comfortable, beautiful leaves changing colors, lots of festivals and gatherings with family and friends, going hunting and looking at the gorgeous views from mountain tops while out in the woods, chopping cutting and splitting fire wood and starting up the fire place for the first time and enjoying life as one should - Best Time of Year

fall meant; days where getting shorter, cool nights , high school football on friday nights, on weekends meant racking leaves early, with my brothers , the smell of cinnamon rice puddin our mother was making ,commin in from the cold morning, sitting front of 25in black and white motorola, watchin space ghost, roadrunner, the end of baseball go dodgers , sundays meant nfl football,cheerin for our la rams, heart broke when they move, years later,, now im 55, i dont rack leaves any more, instead of my brothers all married now, now i sit in front of my 55in sony, still watchin classic cartoons , football, but now i see them with my my kids and grandbaby madden , and yes we still make cinnamon rice pudding, not as good as my moms, but with all the love in it..

Fall move to a house with a satellite dish

It was the fall of 1986 and we were moving in a new house. It was way deep in the sticks of upstate New York, about seventy-five miles from the city. Cable TV would not hit this area for years, so many of the houses had satellite dishes. My anticipation was rewarded with a warm autumn of examining every inch of the C-band Uniden system, complete with a mesh dish. Not to mention the scanning of the skies for all the free broadcasting. This was about five years before Videocipher shut it all down and CBS was the only broadcaster already scrambling their feeds. The fall classic golf tournament feeds, back before we called them wild feeds, were a hoot. I was hooked and still have a fondness for FTA and a Ku-band dish from SatelliteAV on my deck.

When Videocipher II came about I had a fun time seeing how it differed from the other system being used by Canada. It was my first introduction to digital media in the form of the digital audio carried as black-and-white dots shimmering along the side of the video signal.

Thanks for reading.

Returning t school was NOT at the top of my list. I did enjoy the cooler weather, halloween, and then Thanksgiving ,which meant good food and time with the family.

The grandest was the year I joined the Military. Oh back in 2000. I joined in August and I remember coming out of bootcamp all exhausted from the snow. Only to get orders to an A school in Pensacola, Florida.

How amazing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)