Contest: Free Fortec Star Dynamic Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just one favorite channel? Such a tough choice. :)

While I really enjoy a lot of channels (especially RTN, Russia Today, WRN English, UWTV, KEXP, and all the PBS feeds), I guess what I value most is that bits arriving from space are "cooler" than terrestrial bits. They have cool Faraday rotation gyration action and even when the picture is exactly the same, it's better from satellite. :D

Eh, by number of hours listened I think the service I'd miss is WRN English, so I guess that's my favorite. Even though it's "only" radio, it's about the broadest single source of news I have found anywhere. And you can do other things while listening to radio that a picture would distract you from, so for a sheer "hours" point of view, I'd rather keep my radio:TV ratio above 2:1. ;)

My favorite channel is Tele Rebelde on Hispasat 30W, but only during winter baseball season. Don't understand the announcers, but like to watch the games. The fields aren't manicured like in the U.S. and they don't have big crowds, but the people that are there, really make it a party.

I Like AMC 21's PBS's. Primarily Create TV. I always miss the shows I want to watch ota locally, so since they are on a constant loop there, it's easy to catch them.
m.

My favorite channel is RFD TV (Galaxy 13 C-Band) because they have started showing re-runs of Hee Haw, they have shows about old trains and tractor, and for my fiance they have lots of great horse shows.
2ND are all the PBS channels and 3rd, any RTN! So much good stuff to watch!

KQUP from Spokane WA on G18. Close enough that local weather/news is applicable, but far enough away I can't get it with an OTA terrestrial antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts