Contest - Tell Us Your SatelliteGuys Story!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hard to believe tomorrow SatelliteGuys will be turning 10 years old!

Over the past 10 years we have helped hundreds of thousands of people with their satellite questions and we also figure we saved our members hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years as well!

If I could only count the time and money I have spent getting to where we are now! Never have I dreamed we would grow this big nor that we would be considered America's Satellite Information Authority! To that I say THANK YOU!

The folks at DISH have notified me they plan on sending us over some gifts to giveaway to help us celebrate our birthday, so because of that I am opening this thread for you to write about what SatelliteGuys has done for you over the years. Please tell us your favorite SatelliteGuys story did SatelliteGuys help you save money, get help? Maybe you won a prize from SatelliteGuys. Tell us why you like SatelliteGuys and what keeps you coming back. We want to hear your SatelliteGuys Story! (In addition while the prizes are sponsored by DISH it does not need to be a DISH story.) :)

Hearing the your stories makes us feel good as we enjoy know we were able to help you! :)

Please only one entry per member. The only people who are not eligible to win are me and my wife. PLEASE ONLY POST YOUR ENTRY IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR POST NEW THREADS. THANK YOU!

Deadline to enter is 11:49pm ET on September 30th with the winners announced on October 1st!

We will be selecting winners at random who will win a great gift from the folks from DISH! (I will post a prize list once I have one!) :D

While this is not my thank you message, I do want to take a moment to say THANK YOU for 10 great years!

Last edited:
Wow,that's really cool!

What satguys has done for me.

Increased my knowledge of Dish ten fold.From receivers,to dishes,even the correct cables.Anytime I have a Dish question I can come here and find the answer.Even before becoming a registered member here,I could do a google search for a Dish problem,9 times out of 10,it would direct me here.That's when I finally decided it was time to become a member.One of the best decisions I ever made.

The addition of Dirt here has to be one of the best ideas ever.I can't count the times they have helped me.From making sure everything on the account was correct,to replacing a remote,they have done it with a smiley face.:)

I have no idea how much money I have saved by simply being a member here.From unannounced promotions,to credits for channels being pulled.Had I not been a member here I wouldn't have known about these deals.
It has made being a Dish customer a great experience.

Satguys has also been great in other areas,such as questions about broadband,to questions about ota antennas.Wealth of information here,with a great staff,and great members,almost like an extended family.

satellite guys has helped me learn and install 2 separate FTA dishes and answered many a question concerning directv and dish network plus other areas over the years i have been a member

I have been visiting and participating in the forum here since about 2007. I still remember waiting with bated breath over what the next HD channel was going to be :). The threads here would explode! I've also enjoyed participating in some of the beta testing. All in all just a fantastic site!!

Last edited:
Satguys has given me a way to be of use for a large site, as well as help a ton of members. The staff and DIRT make this a great resource for everyone, and the friends/acquaintances here are the best.

This is the ONLY site on the web where I have this many posts, because the environment here is so open and friendly.

Congrats Scott on the best site for me on the Internet.
?

I am just a few months shy of being here 10 years and it has been a great place to be.

My satguys story:

While it all started when I found the satelliteguys website back in 2008 and noticed Scott posted a meet and greet down in Nashville at a team summit. I was thrilled at the thought of being in the same room as Charlie Ergen. Well sure hell enough it happen :)

The day started by Dave forgetting Nashville is an hour behind Louisville time and of course I was running late so I was putting the metal to the peddle on I-65. I had no idea where to park so I ended up parking in some employee lot oops it was on the back side of the complex I’m running for the nearest door and bam I end up in some kitchen with tons of eye balls wondering who this fat white boy that just busted thru the door was I started walking faster got out of the kitchen found hotel staff and asked where the room was found it and nobody was there I was like darn It. Someone nice reminded me Nashville is on central time I’m like man I’m an idiot. After we got to hear the real down to earth Charlie the satguys gang went to grab a bite to eat. Before we went to get food Scott needed help carrying the prizes down. He had a sling box in one hand looking for someone to carry it I’ll never forget this we made eye contact and I could read Scotts face he was like if Dave carry’s the slingbox we will never see it again he had no idea who I was needless to say I did not carry the slingbox lol. A lot has changed since then I’m so glad to be part of satguys.

Plus on the way out because I was surely not walking all the way around (Yes I Ran thru the kitchen this time) The show was over and people were throwing RG-6 Cable away found a box and loaded up about 100 jumpers and hit the road back home.

The best thing this forum did was educate me on the tailgater before it was released and got me one as soon as they came out. It has been a lifesaver for all my tailgating.

SatGuys have bee great. I have had issues that I can find help here and the best part is finding out new features and new stuff coming.

Thanks for the great work!!

Satguys is a great place to learn new information about not only just satellite, but also other technology related fields. As members we in turn try to use what we have learned to help other members in need.

I try to do that whenever possible, and as you may have noticed I have gained quite the following around these parts. So much in fact that my fellow members have voted me "Member of the Year" for six years running. Thanks guys, it has not gone unnoticed.

Satguys has also been good to me in another way. I won a FANTASTIC cruise trip in a raffle that Scott had, and.....wait, I dont think I was supposed to tell anyone about that until tomorrow. Oops....sorry Scott.

My Satellite Guys Story:

Over the years Satellite guys has helped me with many things, but area of assistance stands out in particular.

About two years ago I had made the descion to move to Dish when the new Hopper system was released, of course Scotts review was great to learn about the good things about the Hopper and the things the Hopper could work on in the future. When I had my install after the tech was done, two satellite dishes were on my roof, I knew that this was not right and at first was not really getting anywhere. After communicating with other Satellite Guy staff members then Discussing the issue with the DIRT staff, a Supervisor was dispatched to correct the problem and of course move back to one Dish and take in all the features the Hopper has. I guess you can call it a "team" effort Sattellite Guys members, DIRT and Dish working together to resolve a problem that was resolved and made me very happy about my move to Dish

I have been here since the first month. Satellite guys has kept me up to date on developments in the industry. Over the years it has expanded beyond satellite to include FTA, Cable, OTA, the digital TV conversion, High resolution disc formats (BluRay), home theater, VoIP, cell technology, etc. I can rely on Satguys to be at the forefront of providing RELIABLE information on developments in all these areas. Hopefully, my contributions have also helped to create a better community.

Just as important, SatGuys was here during a very rough period of my life, when everything I had built dissolved and I was forced to relocate and start over from scratch. The support from this site got me through some very dark days. I will be ever grateful to the members and staff for their support during this period, as well as their ongoing comradship. SatGuys is my local pub.

I'm a relatively new member, but SatelliteGuys helped me to make the final decision to move to DISH from the local cable company last December.

I loved being able to get online and ask questions to people who use the equipment (and are knowledgeable about it!) and aren't on the company payroll and get honest answers, and seeing screenshots and reviews of the equipment (my local cable company uses some obscure IPTV receivers, I have yet to find any sort of review online, or even a screenshot of the software on them!). It's also nice getting to read about new software updates and what other people notice in them (in terms of bugs or new features) - often I'll find something new I can do with my Hopper that I didn't even know about! I've been apart of several "users helping users" forums and chat rooms over the years, and it's always nice that I am able to help someone whenever I can!

Being in the business sat guys has helped me tremendously. Before joining this site getting a straight answer about anything was a crap shoot, not anymore.

?Thanks for tolerating me here. :)

Our site has saved me tons of money in various types of tech support I other wise would have had to pay for if not for the unlimited knowledge in almost every profession and hobby our members and guests provide. In turn, I have taken the knowledge I have gained to help others here, as well my family and coworkers. Best site on the WWW!!!!!!!!

I have been here since the first month. Satellite guys has kept me up to date on developments in the industry. Over the years it has expanded beyond satellite to include FTA, Cable, OTA, the digital TV conversion, High resolution disc formats (BluRay), home theater, VoIP, cell technology, etc. I can rely on Satguys to be at the forefront of providing RELIABLE information on developments in all these areas. Hopefully, my contributions have also helped to create a better community.

Just as important, SatGuys was here during a very rough period of my life, when everything I had built dissolved and I was forced to relocate and start over from scratch. The support from this site got me through some very dark days. I will be ever grateful to the members and staff for their support during this period, as well as their ongoing comradship. SatGuys is my local pub.

Don't forget the Sports forum ;)

I honestly can't even remember how I found the SatelliteGuys website. I'm guessing I was just searching for a Dish answer on google and it linked me here. Once I was here I found the answer I was looking for and then started looking around. I saw numerous questions being asked that are the same I get asked at work everyday so I thought I'd chime in.

I've always enjoyed helping people solve their Dish related problems and just making sure everyone is correctly informed. So many people have negative views about different companies and products all because of one bad experience or because they were misinformed. I feel it's important for people to have the correct information and I saw right away that this site prided itself on providing the public with that information.

My favorite part of being a member here is getting to know Scott and all the other members here. I also love being able to use my knowledge and position as a retailer to provide people with the most current information possible. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy going to Team Summit isn't just for finding out the latest news but knowing that I get to share that info with the members here before anyone else knows about it. People love to know about the latest and greatest things that are coming out before anyone else knows and I love having the chance to be that guy that breaks the news to you. There are multiple members here that love to do the same which makes this the best place to get breaking news on satellite and TV.

This has been the only site that I actually feel like I am part of, almost like being part of the staff. The members here feel the same I feel about satellite TV and everyone prides themselves on being experts in certain areas. Between the Pub Members, regular members, DIRT and Scott I have never seen a place where you can find any answer or solve any issue. It's like a family here and that's what makes this the best forum in the world. I'm proud to be a part of it!

This site let us escape the tyranny of "the other site" where if the mods did not like what you posted it disappeared without a trace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)