Contract almost up

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Hello.
I don't post much usually when it's time for my contract is close to being renewed.
End of November my contract is up the system i have right now works pretty much flawless I like the programming we have and it's somewhat affordable. the system we have is 5 possibly 6 years old now. It's a hopper with 4 Joey's . do they have any deals going on with upgraded hardware and lock you into a longer term contract to hold the price down? When I re-upped last year it was a "black Friday" deal. May wait till then to see what they have to offer it locked in my rate for a year there was a price bump of like $5.00 sometime during the year.... If I could lock in for a 2 year deal that would be awesome. They were not having any of that last year.. With all of the Hulu type services out ther now you would think the big suppliers would do pretty much anything to stop people from jumping ship to a streaming service from dish, cable,fios etc.. Thank you in advance with any suggestions or what they have going on for deals.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You do not have to get a new commitment, just staying as you are will put you on month to month and if you want to make improvements or changes later, you can do it at any time. Usually renewing your commitment comes when you either upgrade hardware or renew your discounts.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I'm officailly on a month to month basis right now. wating closer to Balck Friday to see if they have any kind of a deal. Anyone have any more recent luck doing a longer than 1 year deal or even get some upgraded equipment? Our system is probably 4 or 5 years old now. 1 hopper and 4 Joey's I'd like a longer than 1 year deal. I think the last 2 contracts were just a single year. I'd love to lock in!

Well, I'm officailly on a month to month basis right now. wating closer to Balck Friday to see if they have any kind of a deal. Anyone have any more recent luck doing a longer than 1 year deal or even get some upgraded equipment? Our system is probably 4 or 5 years old now. 1 hopper and 4 Joey's I'd like a longer than 1 year deal. I think the last 2 contracts were just a single year. I'd love to lock in!
I recently reupped on a 2 year commitment-no new equipment involved .Definitely got a discount compared to month to month.There was no one year deal available.At this point I'm wondering if the company will even last 2 years.
In any case you need to get by the first line of CSRs to get a deal.There used to be a direct number for loyalty aka retention but that is no longer the case since The Great Hack. Good luck.

Well called on Blackfriday weekend and was offered 2 deals a 2-year lock in and my bill go up $40.00 a month but locked in. that was a no go. or a 1-year deal and the payment will be the same as it was 2 months ago there was some kind of a hike on my last 2 bills. Even know om contract was up 3'rd week in November. they also gave me a $40.00 credit on my December bill come January my Bill will basically be it was up till October of this year. so all and all I'm happy I would have taken a bill increase of a few $ to lock in for 2 years not $40.00 !
they were trying to bring my bill down by going to a lower tier of programming If I did that someone in my family would be upset that they lost what ever channel they watch, and the guy said I could do the dish anywhere on my streaming TV's but my internet speed in s=not all that great and multiple tv's streaming not a good idea for my house. Not sure what that tactic was all about? just offer me a decent deal without jacking the price though the roof! they give new customer new equipment for free and a great deal and noting for someone that has had them for a few years! I guess they expect us to pay for the newbie deals?

Well called on Blackfriday weekend and was offered 2 deals a 2-year lock in and my bill go up $40.00 a month but locked in. that was a no go. or a 1-year deal and the payment will be the same as it was 2 months ago there was some kind of a hike on my last 2 bills. Even know om contract was up 3'rd week in November. they also gave me a $40.00 credit on my December bill come January my Bill will basically be it was up till October of this year. so all and all I'm happy I would have taken a bill increase of a few $ to lock in for 2 years not $40.00 !
they were trying to bring my bill down by going to a lower tier of programming If I did that someone in my family would be upset that they lost what ever channel they watch, and the guy said I could do the dish anywhere on my streaming TV's but my internet speed in s=not all that great and multiple tv's streaming not a good idea for my house. Not sure what that tactic was all about? just offer me a decent deal without jacking the price though the roof! they give new customer new equipment for free and a great deal and noting for someone that has had them for a few years! I guess they expect us to pay for the newbie deals?
And when you were a new customer did you get the good deal including new equipment and installation for free? You got your goodies already. Someone has to pay to keep the lights on….

My 2 year Price Lock guarantee just ended called Dish asked for loyalty department.
I was paying $141.57/ month including tax for Top 250 + locals (1Hopper 3 and 1 wireless Joey).
I have now what they call Preferred Customer 2 Year Offer for $136.05/ month including tax.
That includes $5.00 auto pay and $5.00 off Hoppers 3 Fee/month.
I'm happy with that .

Last edited: