control your polarity servo with coax voltage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can assemble this schematic without too many problems but, what about the programming?
I have never burned in a chip programmed before.

exactly where do I get the software that interfaces that chip? How do you connect it to a pc? usb or serial cable i assume?

He did post some coding up there. Do I just copy and paste his code into some type
of text on the pc and send it to the pwm chip?

I remember looking up the CPU he used back when he was developing the project.
As I recall, you can get a freebie firmware support package off the internet.
Then, all you need do is load his source code into it, and compile.
The development board has a method for uploading code (either by USB or serial, I don't recall), so it shouldn't be too difficult.

If the links weren't on Equant's earlier thread here, or the web site he made, I'd be surprised.
In his March thread, I mentioned the Arduino development board,
It became obvious later, that was what Equant used.
The Arduino site, or one it links to, has the same board, and the development software.
So duplicating the device shouldn't be a problem.

I hope Equant will post his thoughts after using the design for these many months.
Might even have a firmware upgrade. :)

I liked the schematic where he has two pots to fine tune each polarity for what he described as differences in the servo motors.

I'm still around if anyone has any questions about this project. I used it for 6 months, but am now using a dual output cband lnbf.

The controller worked fine with my Coolsat 4000, but my Visionsat 200 would sometimes require me to flip from one polarity to another before it would lock in. I really think it's an issue with that fta box though.

I made plans for a priority picking controller that would allow several FTA boxes to be hooked up to it at once, and it would give priority to FTA box #1, then #2, then #3, etc... I never built it though. This way if FTA box #1 is watching something on another dish, but box #2 wants to watch the big dish, it decides the polarity.

Anyway, yeah, the microcontroller is the RBBB freeduino board from moderndevice.com (I think that's the site).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts