Controlling TV1 from Another Room

To get TV1 to run UHF, you need a 6.3 UHF/IR remote. Remove the blue tab. Inside you will see a sliding switch, slide that to the middle. Go to System Info screen on the box and press record on your remote. You should see the remote address for TV1 switch to UHF/IR and whatever code you have set.

Now, when you go to put the chip back in, it is going to slide the chip over, undoing what you just did. However, if you shave the fat side of the chip with an exacto-knife or a utility knife, you can get the chip to slide in without switching the dipswitch inside. An easier way is to buy the correct UHF remote key that has the green #1 and a black stripe.

All these suggestions seem complicated.
I had a similar problem recently with my free 722 gift from Dish and wanting to put it in the Kitchen HDTV. Unfortunately there was no room so I mounted the 722 in the next room, the garage and fed the HDTV component wiring and audio through the wall to the Kitchen monitor. Now the TV1 remote which is IR didn't work.
I went to Radio Shack and bought an IR repeater for $29.95. It works great. I sat the receiver unit next to the 722 and the sender in the Kitchen next to the small HDTV monitor.
Is this solution cheaper than the IR/UHF remote?

All this talk is for the 622/722, and that's just fine. I know it works for the 222 as well from experience. Does anyone know if these strategies will work for a 625 and a 322?

All this talk is for the 622/722, and that's just fine. I know it works for the 222 as well from experience. Does anyone know if these strategies will work for a 625 and a 322?

Yes, I have done it in the past. Just pull the green key and either shave some plastic off or replace with a blue key. Make sure the switch is in the middle position. Match remote address to that show on your receiver. You should be good to go.

To get TV1 to run UHF, you need a 6.3 UHF/IR remote. Remove the blue tab. Inside you will see a sliding switch, slide that to the middle. Go to System Info screen on the box and press record on your remote. You should see the remote address for TV1 switch to UHF/IR and whatever code you have set.

Now, when you go to put the chip back in, it is going to slide the chip over, undoing what you just did. However, if you shave the fat side of the chip with an exacto-knife or a utility knife, you can get the chip to slide in without switching the dipswitch inside. An easier way is to buy the correct UHF remote key that has the green #1 and a black stripe.

This is mostly correct, I am an installer and know exactly what you need to do inside and out.

If you remove the tab on a 6.3 (standard 222/622/722 #2 remote) there is a little slider that has 4 positions. If you have the proper special "Green UHF #1" tab that only comes with certain 6.3 remotes ordered from E*, it will force that slider into position "3". You then go to the sys info screen and hit record and on the TV the #1 rem will change to "UHF Pro".

The way to do this without a "Green UHF #1" tab is to manually move the slider to position #3 and cut the part of the tab that is going to push the slider away from position #3 when you put it back, I usually use side cutter wire cutters. The normal 6.3 remote tab is black on the back side, I use that side to differentiate from my standard #2 remotes.

You can use a 6.0 (the standard #2 remote for 522/625) as #2 for your 222/622/722 but not as a #1UHF, it only has 2 slider positions and no "#3" position. What I have done if I happen to have a 6.0 is use it as the standard #2 for 222/622/722 and change my 6.3 to the #1.

It's all about the slider being in position 3. If you didn't want to cut the tab, it would work to just leave the tab off.

Brad

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)