Converter question?

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
Just found out that the Magnavox digital converter I got is the bottom of the barrel. This could explain my lack of success in getting OTA channels. (duh) Not worried about bells and whistles, just sensitivity. What's the best box for the bucks? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Last edited:
ditto here on the DTVPal

I have both the Pal (the original) and the Pal +...if you can get the Pal + do it...much stronger tuner in it

I have the DTVPal DVR, it is hard to beat it if you have an HDTV and want to record shows. It has two tuners. Both tuners can be used to record. It also has 35 hours of hard drive space. With an ethernet conection you can update the firmware as well. I highly recommend it. :up

DTV PAL DVR does seem nice but $250 from DISH plus shipping and does not qualify for $40 coupon is a little expensive for a "converter box". Yes I would like one but I'll have to wait for eBay to get some used ones that sell for less than the new ones.

DTVPal Plus it is! Read up on it and it looks real good. Just hope I can find one. Read some reviews on the Magnavox I'm using now and it would probably make a good doorstop. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts