Converting from hr22 to hr24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvolpatti

Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Sacramento, ca
I am replacing an HR22 reciever in my RV with a HR24. The HR24-500 was activated with Direct TV in my house, which has a Slim3 Dish. The RV has a n 18X20 - 3LNB Dish. The HR22 still works, and I can get receptioin in the RV using the 18X20 Dish,

When I plug the HR24 in, and go through Satellite Set-Up and changed to multi-switch, 18X20 - 3LNB; I cannot get a sattelite connection.

I have tried all of the 3LNB options for Dish in Setup, but nothing works.

When I check the signal strenghty with the HR24 plugged in, I get good readings for Satellite Transponders (32 total at 101 degrees), that generally read 85 - 100. When I check the Signal Meter however, it reports that neither Tuner 1 or 2 is Aquired.

Will the 18x20 3LNB Dish work with this reciever or do I need to get a Slimline? I understand I will not get HD Channels with this dish, which is OK for RV, if I can get it to work. Does anyone know what I need to do during the setup to get it to work, if at all possible?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

That dish should work fine with the HR24, just no hd channels as you noted. Are you using the correct input on the HR24? You should be using the one marked #1.

I would venture that you need to re-run "satellite setup". Make sure in the RV the multiswitch is selected, not SWM. May be the house is swm and the RV is not.

Chip,

Well, I think I am, but since it isn't working, I will double check. Will now have to wait till tomorrow, as getting ready for a New Years Party. Thanks for the quick response, and Happy New Year.

Jim

Yup, if the house is swm it makes it difficult to change to non swm. I agree about re-running the setup.

Make sure your leaving the B-Band converters in the house.. dont take them to the RV with the HR24.. for 2 reasons:
1. With the 3 LNB 18x20, you dont need the BBC's. They're only for HD, which that Dish can't receive
2. Having them on while your changing the dish type can interfere with the signal from the dish, which can cause the "Satellite Signal Not Detected Message".

Make sure your leaving the B-Band converters in the house.. dont take them to the RV with the HR24.. for 2 reasons:
1. With the 3 LNB 18x20, you dont need the BBC's. They're only for HD, which that Dish can't receive
2. Having them on while your changing the dish type can interfere with the signal from the dish, which can cause the "Satellite Signal Not Detected Message".

Since the bbcs only affect 99 and 103 signals which he can't get with the Phase III dish he is using in the rv, I don't think it makes any difference if he uses them or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts