Convince me, please

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Should I resubscribe to Voom?

I am thinking of going back to voom mainly to get universal hd. Do you think it would be worth while doing. Will voom ever get a DVR?

I'm thinking of trying voom as well. I've added their channels to my program guide and there hasn't been a whole lot from their selection that I'd be interest. Still I guess it would make sense to add 23 channels I don't have just in case something ever does come along worth watching and make them my primary provider for only $10 more than if I just had dish alone...

You guys are staff members, so I'm sure you are aware of the pitfalls and complaints tha have come from many of the posters in the forum. My own experience has been very good, since Jan. 2004. I'm still running with the original STB and 18" inch dish, and have not had billing errors to contend with. Now that Voom has the $1 installation special--get it and try it out. There isn't much to lose. You can rent or buy the equipment. I bought mine, but I would recommend renting at this time.

I too had no bad experience with Voom for about a year now. I had some issues, but they were resolved (upgraded OTA antenna & bigger dish). I had no more problems since the few bugs were tweaked out. Like the above post said, give it a try with the new special.

I have had no billing problems, no major install nightmares, and am pleased with quality and quantity of the programs.

I would suggest once again that the CES show in about a week will "benchmark" their progress toward a DVR and other needed progress.

It sounds like I am relying on one show to base decisions on, but in fact if you take the shows of the last year and a half you can track trends.

Look at where they were, where they are, and you can project where they will be.
I know there is a good story of "where they were" because they have made some advancement in the last 18 months. You need to look at those accomplishments to build faith that they will continue to get better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)