VOOM owes me $58.16

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ti-maniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
I am happy to say that my account now indicates that VOOM owes me $58.16.

They finally disconnected me, got my box, and took off the $400 debit on my account for the rental box that I have been trying to have them come and get for 3 months after 7 failed disconnect no shows.

I AM OUT! Joy.

Good luck to the rest of you keeping from getting billed now that VOOM is in the end zone, the wrong one, and getting sacked.

I will call a csr and see if I am ever going to see my $58 (tax refund I think coupled with some credit for disconnect). But for some reason, I do not think it will ever happen. Too bad I cannot cut them off like they cut me off for not letting them charge to my credit card, holding out for a paper invoice.

I AM OUT!

Dishnetwork owed me $50.00 from when I quit them and went to Voom. I've been waiting on that check for a year.
I AM VOOMIN and YOUR NOT!
P.S.
That expensive HDTV you bought will turn into SDTV if you don't feed it HD.

r.jones1116 said:

I know! You might as well say nah-nah nah-nah nah nah.

I do get 15 HD channels on D* (CBSHD E&W, NBCHD E&W, FOXHD E&W, ABCHD E&W, SHOWHD, HBOHD, ESPNHD, DISCHD, HDNET, HDNETMOV, & UHD and didn't include PPV)

But I do miss RAVE and my wife missies UltraHD and my kid missies Anamania. But I do not miss the weekly calls to VOOM CSRs over some hassle issue over charging my credit card way to much, or waiting for months to convert to the rental, getting billed for it, and no refund, and having to email Wilt to get it fixed finally after all the csrs said no problem but nothing ever happened, or getting disconnected because they refused to send me a paper bill, or after finally getting and paying the paper getting turned back on after I said not to, and after getting turned back on getting billed again, or taking 7 days off waiting for the deinstaller to not show up 7 times.

Ugh, plus paying over $100 per month for the privilege.

And I forgot, the contant resets and never having a program guide.

And now that they are going under all of this will get worse.

But you are still VOOMing, and I did love their programming!

Hopefully, D* will increase their HD line up eventually. But I am watching the Superbowl in HD. Are the VOOMers?

Ti-maniac said:
I know! You might as well say nah-nah nah-nah nah nah.

I do get 15 HD channels on D* (CBSHD E&W, NBCHD E&W, FOXHD E&W, ABCHD E&W, SHOWHD, HBOHD, ESPNHD, DISCHD, HDNET, HDNETMOV, & UHD and didn't include PPV)

But I do miss RAVE and my wife missies UltraHD and my kid missies Anamania. But I do not miss the weekly calls to VOOM CSRs over some hassle issue over charging my credit card way to much, or waiting for months to convert to the rental, getting billed for it, and no refund, and having to email Wilt to get it fixed finally after all the csrs said no problem but nothing ever happened, or getting disconnected because they refused to send me a paper bill, or after finally getting and paying the paper getting turned back on after I said not to, and after getting turned back on getting billed again, or taking 7 days off waiting for the deinstaller to not show up 7 times.

Ugh, plus paying over $100 per month for the privilege.

And I forgot, the contant resets and never having a program guide.

And now that they are going under all of this will get worse.

But you are still VOOMing, and I did love their programming!

Hopefully, D* will increase their HD line up eventually. But I am watching the Superbowl in HD. Are the VOOMers?

I have never had any of the problems that you have had

1. My bill is $68.00/mo on two HDTVs. My Dishnetwork bill was $72.00/mo
with no HD.
2. I might have to reset my STB once a month. I've had to do that
with any STB I've had in the past regardless of the service provider.
3. As far as Voom going under, I honestly don't think so.
4. As far as D* increasing ther HD line up, don't hold your breath.
5. Yes, I will be watching the SB in HD.
6. I'm Voomin'

Ti-maniac said:

Why yes we are with our OTA HD antenna.

Oh I forgot to mention, I can record, archive to tape, and computer off of my HD300 with my 169time. Can't do that with VOOM and probably will never be able to. But this wasn't my main reason to leave, just a very important reason to keep D* instead. Replays of the superbowl will be most enjoyable.

r.jones1116 said:
2. I might have to reset my STB once a month. I've had to do that
with any STB I've had in the past regardless of the service provider.

Sorry, have to say something. I've been with D* since around 1998. My analog RCA STB (1st one I got), has never needed "re-set".
I've had my Sony HD300 for over a year....never have had to "re-set" it. I'm not here to bash VOOM, I would love for VOOM to stay around, competition is good.

Barney

r.jones1116 said:
Dishnetwork owed me $50.00 from when I quit them and went to Voom. I've been waiting on that check for a year.
P.S.
That expensive HDTV you bought will turn into SDTV if you don't feed it HD.

i cancelled dishnetwork three weeks ago and already got my 36 bucks they owed me.

I am sure we can all find various examples of what is good or bad about this provider or that provider. There are countless of examples in every forum that I have visited. Let's stop this childish thing and just be happy with what each us decided to do with our money. In the end, I cannot be happy for anybody but myself and if I am not happy, I will be looking somewhere else. So let's put a stop to the unproductive posts and threads and let's act like we made the right the decision with what we got. Thank you all for your cooperation.

I thought the whole point of these forums was to bellyache or bless this or that.

The whole purpose of the forum is for information gathering. On this particular thread there has been information worth posting but the going back and forward "my provider is better than yours and so on... or my provider provides this and yours do not" is not very informative. We all can look up what all providers provide and certainly we all know what are the advantages/disadvantages of each one. Certainly that type of information is well known within the community.

VOOM still owes me $58.16 regardless whether anyone would consider this fact of an informative nature, suitable for customer comment in this forum. Users need to be INFORMED about VOOMs customer service or lack of it, how they cut us off when they think we do not pay, but don't bother to pay us back when they owe funds for months and months, a double standard, and illegal at that.

Ti-maniac said:
VOOM still owes me $58.16 regardless whether anyone would consider this fact of an informative nature, suitable for customer comment in this forum. Users need to be INFORMED about VOOMs customer service or lack of it, how they cut us off when they think we do not pay, but don't bother to pay us back when they owe funds for months and months, a double standard, and illegal at that.

Couldn't care less if they owed you $5800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)