Superbowl feed via Satellite a possibility?

geogarrison

Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Campbell, CA
Normally I wouldn't bother asking this at all, since I know that most people are supposed to get local channels via OTA. However, being in the SF Bay Area, and with the recent problems of Sutro Tower going off and on the last couple of weeks with it's OTA transmission, I've started worrying that I won't have a signal come Superbowl Sunday. I also know that many people have had issues with getting some local OTA receptions since joining Voom, and they too would not be able to enjoy the game in HD.

My question - Is it possible for Voom to make a one time transmission of the Fox network during Superbowl Sunday to insure that all Voom subscribers have a chance to watch the game in HD? I'm not sure of all the legal issues that would make this a posibility or not, but obviously Voom has the capability of setting aside one channel for this broadcast. Channels 304, 308 and 777 are not currently used for anything other than duplicates of InVoom.

Can anyone with some inroads with Voom see if this is a possibility. I guarantee that this would make most if not all Voom subscribers extremely happy.

Here's hoping for the best. :)

I can't answer for Voom on this, but have you tried getting KTXL in Sacramento as a backup? It's on RF 55 and the towers are in Walnut Grove. Believe it or not, I can get KTVU (when they are broadcasting) about half the time from Auburn.

Doug

I think this is basically a moot concern since it is now 7:35 pm Eastern time and we have not heard anything about FCC approval of the satellite. So rest assured, Voomer’s will be able to watch the big game in glorious FOX HD!

Well, as of this afternoon, I haven't had any issues with OTA reception from Sutro Tower, except for KRON (no biggie there). Knock on wood, hopefully it will stay like that for the rest of the weekend. Somehow I doubt I'll get a signal from Sacramento here in Campbell, but I guess I have some time to try. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)