Coolsat 4000 Pro 1.3 Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update:

Doesn't seem to a manual mode of any kind on the Sherwood. Just "Auto" which is susposed to detect anything and "PCM" which doesn't work either. There are DSP modes but they just add reverb etc.

I now have audio on all the channels you listed WTP.

For some reason I did not have to horse the PBS channels. They automatically worked off my initial scan. So did ImagineAsia, but the the two spanish stations (KAMT and KEYU) did not.

Notice how the Coolsat reports the PIDs on AC3 feeds. It's a messed up number like 65535 for KAMT. I scanned this transponder with the Quali to get the true PIDs, in this case KAMT audio PID is 47. KEYU is 40. I was thinking there has to be a way to jam the right PIDs to the receiver.

After some reading on some of the "underground" sites I found the Coolsat channel editor- "NDF Edit". So, send your scanned entries to the program, find say KAMT, notice there is no audio PID there. Go ahead and enter the correct PID, it looks for a hex value. I used a converter to find that KAMT's audio PID of 47 equaled 002f. Check the AC3 box next to the APID value. Do this for each channel you want to convert. Save the file then upload back to the box.

You should now get audio on those you were missing.

It's kind of a pain, at least the PBS stations came in without having to use the PC. I like to use an editor anyway, so I don't mind playing around with the entries.

This receiver's power scan/blind scan is first rate. It's soooo much faster. The Ultra is boxed up. :)

Now this has got interesting!

I'll be upgrading my Coolsat this weekend and I'll post my results with AC3 audio.

I'll be stoked to get ImagineAsian back with sound.

Shawn

It is probably something that needs to be fixed in the firmware. Since this is the first implementation of that feature, there are sure to be bugs, or maybe incomplete support issues, related to the AC-3 thing.

I've never owned a Coolsat, but have always been happy with my Pansat 2700 (other than the fact that I wish I'd waited for the 3500 :) ). A Pansat 3500 will probably be my next receiver acquisition.

I loaded 130 on my CoolSat this morning and I already love it :).

I did notice some wierdities reguarding AC3 audio.

The first thing I did was swing over to AMC3 and PBS kids. I got not audio.

I changed the channel and changed back and I got audio. It's almost like it had to re-aquire the aPID.

ImagineAsian / The Tube are breaking up badly for me today. I NEVER have this problem. I think it's time to re-peak the P*.

I'm re-scanning G10R right now but I have yet to get sound on ImagineAsian.

<edit>
Improvments i've noticed but not seen mentioned:

If it needs to move the dish to blind scan, it waiting until the dish has moved to the sat before beginning the scan. Before it just started the scan while the dish was swinging.

The 'moving positioner' graphic no longer paints and half-way remains during a blind scan. Before it looked kind of messed up.
</edit>

Shawn

Isat,

Thanks for the info and kudos for your knowledge. The only channel I am wishing I had at the momment is Imagineasian. When I get the time I might try your method and use the PID on Lyngsat. I have decided that I like the update so much that I am willing to go without sound on a few channels if need be. PBS works that is the main thing to me. Also, I think I am going to get a PC card so anything should work on that.

Thanks guys - I have audio on ImagineAsian now :).

I got it by:
1. Using STBTool to pull the channel list off the box.
2. Using NDF Edit to Enable AC3 / set the Audio PID to the hex value.
3. Using STBTool to push the updated channel list back up to the CoolSat.

Did any of you get it working by setting the aPID on the STB? It didn't work for me.

Last edited:
I couldn't get them entering the PIDs on receiver either.

Shawn95GT said:
Thanks guys - I have audio on ImagineAsian now :).

I got it by:
1. Using STBTool to pull the channel list off the box.
2. Using NDF Edit to Enable AC3 / set the Audio PID to the hex value.
3. Using STBTool to push the updated channel list back up to the CoolSat.

Did any of you get it working by setting the aPID on the STB? It didn't work for me.

cablewithaview said:
How do you go about updateing the Coolsat 4000 pro? thanks

If you mean the 1.3 update itself, see the beginning of this thread for instructions and where to download. To get the AC3 audio on certain stations you must use a program to load PIDS to the receiver. A couple ways are described above.

I found it after I typed it. I tried it but for some reason a Scrap Book program is trying to open the files to download. I have tried moving it but it want.

I was able to upgrade to the 1.30, I haven't figured out exactly how to gain the ac3 audio, could you be more pacific. I maybe missing something here that I am not getting. thanks

cablewithaview said:
I was able to upgrade to the 1.30, I haven't figured out exactly how to gain the ac3 audio, could you be more pacific. I maybe missing something here that I am not getting. thanks

1. Use STBTool (same program that you used to update firmware) to download your channel list from receiver to computer.
2. Use NDF Edit (run a search to find it) to edit the Audio PIDS to what they should read for the channels you want to hear. This thread lists some of the PIDS or they are on Lyngsat.
3. Upload the edited list to the receiver and audio should now work.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
1. Use STBTool (same program that you used to update firmware) to download your channel list from receiver to computer.
2. Use NDF Edit (run a search to find it) to edit the Audio PIDS to what they should read for the channels you want to hear. This thread lists some of the PIDS or they are on Lyngsat.
3. Upload the edited list to the receiver and audio should now work.
#1 is the part I couldn't figure out. give me a little time I am trying to learn, thank you

cablewithaview said:
#1 is the part I couldn't figure out. give me a little time I am trying to learn, thank you
The middle tab is channels. Select that, then upload.

The Upload / Download is backwards to how I see it but it you think of it as from the reciever's point of view it's right.

Then use NDFEdit to edit the channels as needed.

Then 'download' the fixed channel list back to the CoolSat.

The AC3 Audio for the PBS channels on AMC3 came in on their own for me. I had to manualy put in the aPID for ImagineAsian. You'll see the little Dolby Digtial logo in the circles next to the signal meter when you tune in an AC3 channel. The Logo looks like:

logo.gif

Do you have NDFEdit?

Shawn

Just had a problem with the new firmware. I can no longer do a blind scan-it says "moving to Nimiq 2 82 degrees" no matter what sat you are scanning and the scan either stops or does nothing.

Tried turning off and unplugging a few times but nothing so I did a system reset. Interstingly, it keeps the 1.3 firmware which I did not expect. Set up my TS and did a blind scan and all was well.

This could be just a passing bug but if anyone else has a similar problem with the new firmware please report it here.

"Then use NDFEdit to edit the channels as needed."

No, where did you find this? also I was able to put in the settings for The Pentagon Channel but I couldn't get it to save so I could view it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)