Coolsat 6000 Premium

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I just bought one of these as my 4000 Pro has been misbehaving and it seemed like the right time for an upgrade. I am learning the new features on this receiver and have a quick question for all you more learned folks:
When I blind scan, the receiver saves the channels/transponders it finds, however, it does not assign a channel number to each. Each one has a 0 in front of it. How can I get it to assign consecutive channel numbers like the Coolsat 4000 Pro did?:rolleyes:

I just rescanned one of my tps and it generated numbers, not zeros.

My current box is a new one which came with factory standard software. My previous box came with non-standard software and it would behave as you describe, sometimes generating 0 instead of a number. I don't recall under what conditions, the numbers were not much use to me.

What software are you running? You can get the box to tell you what version from the options.

My locla dealer (great guy) has solution--it's in the settings under OPTIONS.

channel numbers with 0's instead of the actual number

Sounds like you are performing a blind scan if you are getting 0's instead of the channels numbers. Perform an autoscan instead.

but auto scan doesn't get everything./ Lots of unknown feeds up there that only a blind scan can get :)

if i turn off my box and turn it on again, it assigns channel numbers, starting with 2001

Status
Please reply by conversation.