Coolsat 6000.. Should I?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmyGrendel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Hey. As interesting as my twinhan is, I really would like to watch FTA on my TV. After reading Icebergs review on the Cooolsat 5000 I starting to think.. searching for signals would be fun too.

I came across a site up here that is selling the Coolsat 6000 and was wondering if it was as good as the 5000? The place is somewhat local to me so a day trip to visit some friends and a stop to pick this up wouldn't be so bad. A quick look through this sites sponsors didnt show any Canadian ones (I could be wrong here) so I'm left with looking around up here.

If you have a 6000.. would you recommend it? Or should I look for a 5000?

Thanks for the time guys and info.. Amy.

as far as I understand it, the 6000 just has more memory for epg data, considering fta doesnt really use epg, I dont know if there would be any advantages of the 6000 over the 5000.

Well from what little I have found that would be only good for guys stealing tv. If thats the only real diffrence between to two then I think I should find a 5000. Not interested at all in stealing anything.

Amy.

There are alot of good deals on ebay from all the pirates selling off their equipment that they used to use for stealing.

My best friend got a heck of a deal on a coolsat 5000 for his mom so she could get the Arab channels off of Telstar5

The 6000 is basically a 5000 in a 4000 box :)

For the average FTA'er, the 6000 & the 5000 are the same box.

But as noted above, it is an option to check out Ebay. Most boxes can have the factory software thrown baxck into it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortec mercury II fta settings

Question about 120cm, and picking up ku/c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)