Coolsat 6100 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I recently acquired a CS6.1K from ebay, of course w/o the manual. I looked at the fta manuals in this site, but the only manual has a lot missing, doesn't even mention the PVR capability, and every site I go to either wants payment for a copy, or it directs me to a Coolsat site that is no longer up.
1. Does anyone know of a site to download a manual?
The software is:
Loader version L1.01
H/W version S2000 1.0
Application versiion CS Norw V2.19
Driver version Api 1.2.12
Date version FDU V1.2
2. Are these current? If not,
3. Where can I download the current versions?
When blind scanning, some of the satellites load normal channel numbering of 1,2,3, etc, and some load a 4-digit channel number of 3000, 3001, etc.
4. How can I get normal channel numbering of 1, 2, 3, etc? My CS6k numbers normally by turning off the sid menu, no joy here. Seems to blow over a lot of channels on blind scan too.
5. Does anyone know the hdd format I need to get for recording, and also the max size hdd it will operate?
You guys are the greatest, thanks in advance.
Sky

I have the same model (and the manual) and I regret to tell you that the manual doesn't answer any of your question it doesn't even talk about PVR functionality.

About the channel numbers I wonder if we could use a channel editor to change them

Nope, it is not the same; I'm currently using stock firmware (don't recall where I download it from). The version you are using is 3rd party, created by a well known pirate group

I suspected that might be the case, I did what I thought was a flush of that stuff, but as it turned out, that must have been what was not only loaded, but stored in memory as well. Anyone know where I can get the right stuff?

I think the last factory version is 1.14. It has the PVR feature and does a great job of blind scanning. It is not bug free. I have attached a copy.

Attachments

• cs6100-114.zip
    932.4 KB · Views: 155
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)