CoolSat 7000 Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cold Winter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
For those who have hands on, a few questions.

How does the BlindScan work? Is it comparable ( inferior/ superior ) to other CoolSats ( 4000thru6000)?

How are motor/ switch controls functioning? Are they comparable to other CoolSats ( 4000 thru 6000 )? Also, is there some sort of motor feedback that indicates position either in degrees on the motor or point in the sky?

Whats the overall experience with the 7000 to date? Pretty much a typical CoolSat ( i.e. pretty positive ) sort of experience?

WOW, nary a response! From this crowd that must mean CoolSat is really dead or that particular model is moving pretty slow... not even a dealer response.

FWIW, a general search of the net isn't very productive either.

You might want to read iceberg's review of the visionsat in the review section. The CS7000 and the visionsat are essentially the same except for the NAND memory in the 7000 that is used for the 40 minute or so buffer.

i actually think the coolsats that we are used to (the 4k 5k and 6k )are produced by someone different and just carry a coolsat name the newer ones like mentioned above are different so i think you can throw out any of the opinions on the older receivers.

Interesting responses gents. Thank You.:up

OTOH, its interesting, that even trying a coolsat site can be somewhat un-informative. Makes we wonder if this nameplate is in trouble. Usually they'd fire off a package to someone like Iceberg and let them try it out. I'm not even seeing much of that on the net.

IceBerg: You mentioned that the 7/8K are different from the 4/5/6Ks. I guess my question is are they all pretty solid with the issues we traditionally see CS being solid in ( BlindScan, Motors, Switches, etc... )? There is a definite lack of clarity across the net in these areas. Usually this site is the most authoritative on these issues.:cool:

I did some searching around on the net and I can't see that Coolsat has changed hands. Coolsat appears to be product line currently marketed by Freetech Inc. out of San Francisco, CA. I've seen links that talk about Freetech in the past tense as "the people who brought Coolsat to the marketplace".

For the number of receivers they've sold and their position as one of the top receivers on the market, I can't see how they'd be in any trouble.

Perhaps it's just a matter of FTA'ers on this board not being able to drop money on a new receiver every time a model number changes, or they're satisfied with what they have so no need to rock the boat. Especially when everyone here is waiting to blow the wad on the Passion when it comes out :)

IceBerg: You mentioned that the 7/8K are different from the 4/5/6Ks. I guess my question is are they all pretty solid with the issues we traditionally see CS being solid in ( BlindScan, Motors, Switches, etc... )? There is a definite lack of clarity across the net in these areas. Usually this site is the most authoritative on these issues
sadly, no

4/5/6K are pretty much the same box menu wise and can do blind scan, run a motor great and support a 8x1 switch (Diseqc 1.1)

The CS8K can only run a motor....no blind scan and no support for Diseqc 1.1 I do not know about the 7K but if they say the Visionsat is like the 7K then it should support Diseqc 1.1
The Visionsat can blind scan, run a motor and do Diseqc 1.1

Purchased a CS7000 just 2 weeks ago. As compared to my CW 6000 it is as fast as the CW, however the box and remote is of a higher quality. Very easy to set up, scan, set up etc. PVR took only a few minutes of playing to figure out. Attaching a hard drive is very useful so as to record movies etc. Picture quality is excellent. EPG very good as well. Haven't tried it on my rotor yet, however I need better weather for that.

slingbox

Does anybody have code for the slingbox either the binary info or a bin, the bin I have is for the 4,5,6K, coolsat and controls basic functions , I want to use the PVR functions, and have not been able to find anything on it yet I think it is to new.(the Box), Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)