Coolsat 7000PVR Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tranny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 15, 2008
Where is the latest factory firmware file for the Coolsat 7000? I am having problems with my USB hard drive not being recognized by the machine anymore. I reformatted the hard drive and it seemed to work fine when attached to my computer. Any suggestions?

Also, how do I get the Galaxy 27 (White Springs TV) if the sat is not on my list? Can I add it manually?

Thanks in advance.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Look under support at coolsatusa.com for your firmware. I'm sure you can add a sat, but I don't know the procedure, never owned a CS

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
Did you reformat the hard drive because it wasn't working?
Did you reformat the hard drive on your computer?
If the receiver has a drive-format function, use that.

tranny

Mar 15, 2008
Are the files on Coolsat's website original factory restore or are there updated files elsewhere on the site?

tranny

Mar 15, 2008
Anole,

I can't reformat with the Coolsat because it won't recognize the drive. I thought a full reformat with a computer would fix it but no dice.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
No, reformatting under Windows probably blows up the drive.
... ooops, I mean: renders it unreadable. :rolleyes:
See if the manufacturer has a format utility.
That should restore the drive to pristine condition. :up
Just be careful which drive you reformat!

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
The coolsats want FAT which a modern windows machine can't do for a large drive without some addon software, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

the latest factory firmware is at coolsatusa.com in the support section. Anything you find anywhere else would be dubious or illegal depending on how you look at it.

I have the opposite problem occasionally, my 7100 corrupts the drive somehow so it can't be read by a computer. I can use "getdataback for fat" to retrieve the files, let the receiver reformat it, and put them back.

If the receiver is not recognizing the drive at all but the pc is, try deleting the partition(s) and see if the receiver will recognize and format it then.

tranny

Mar 15, 2008
I formatted the drive in FAT. It is a 500gb drive. I was not aware of an issue with Windows not being able to format a large drive correctly in FAT. The receiver initially formatted the drive no problem and it ran fine for about a year. Then, one day, the drive light just blinked at me and the receiver could no longer see the drive. I don't know if something became corrupted or what happened. I was suspecting a hardware problem at first because of the long hours the drive spent operating but my PC recognized the drive and the files fine. I reformatted it in Windows but the drive still is not recognized by the receiver. I am going to take the advice of you nice folks and try to format the drive with my LaCie software and see what happens. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)