coolsat 7100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crankbait

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I have a six ft unimesh dish,california amplifier c band lnbf, and a coolsat 7100. do i need to get anything else to get the coolsat to work on c band. the coolsat works on my 36 in ku band dish great,but can't get anything on the big dish. i am trying to get 103 w, have 62% strength, 0% quality,could the lnb be bad? thanks for any reply

I have a six ft unimesh dish,california amplifier c band lnbf, and a coolsat 7100. do i need to get anything else to get the coolsat to work on c band. the coolsat works on my 36 in ku band dish great,but can't get anything on the big dish. i am trying to get 103 w, have 62% strength, 0% quality,could the lnb be bad? thanks for any reply

Hmm,
Are you sure that the LNB is not an "Analog" LNB. Most of the California amplifiers I have seen are analog & it wont work for a digital signal.
As far as the CS7100 goes, it will work fine for C Band...It's a little slow & misses on blind scan, but they do work. Two of my favs are CS 5000/6000

The California amps will work for digital just fine. The issue is the old LNB's had 3 wires coming off of them (in a little blue box usually) and to change polarity they had to be hooked up to the analog receiver. The 7100 has no option on the back so the options are to leave it on one polarity to swap out the LNB for a voltage LNBF that will get both polarities

I think the lnb that was on the dish when i got is bad. I am thinking about buying a esx241 lnbf, just want to point dish on 103w for rfd tv and leave it there. thanks for replies

The California amps will work for digital just fine. The issue is the old LNB's had 3 wires coming off of them (in a little blue box usually) and to change polarity they had to be hooked up to the analog receiver. The 7100 has no option on the back so the options are to leave it on one polarity to swap out the LNB for a voltage LNBF that will get both polarities

Thanks Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts