Coolsat 8000Hd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Semokid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Down in the Bootheel
Just got my hands on a 8000 HD,receiver and remote only and i know nothing at all about this thing,did find the manual supplied by Iceberg (thank you)and printed it out.
It shows h/w version 1.00.00 and s/w version 12.03.9F, can anyone tell me if this is a factory bin or hackware? :confused:

It's hackware (the suffix 'F' indicates hackware) but that f/w works better for me than the factory file did. Since the CS8000 is no longer useful for pirating, I don't think there is an ethical issue with just keeping that file.

BTW: Brent, who is from the beautiful west coast of Michigan, helped me out a lot in getting mine up and running. I have really enjoyed mine since I've got it hooked up.

Here is the software for the 8100

KEWL I was trying to load the other s/w to the 8100HD & it told me that it was wrong file. It has been rolled back to factory s/w. I'm pretty sure I found AMC 21 but w/ strong signal but no pix since I don't have the correct s/w for the sat.

I just checked an old file I have and for some reason its "double zipped"

the folder is zipped
the 3 folders inside are also zipped

I dont know how that happened

Here is the files for the 8000.....they are only zipped once

Attachments

• coolsat8000hd.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
  • CS8000-2025A.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: mimie
The "SGN" extension is the correct extension for CS8000/8100 files. When you use the loader, it will default to "bin" file , I believe . Use the dropdown box to select all files, and then select the "SGN" file.
:)

The 8100 you can load to a thumb drive and load it directly to the 8100 via the USB port

The 8000 you cant do that

Found what i guess is a newer version loader V3.01 and have it setup to try and download the files,but i need to know if it takes a null
or straight cable for the 8000. No problem i have one or the other. By the way the new loader does'nt require you to split the files and
then rejion them!

Found what i guess is a newer version loader V3.01 and have it setup to try and download the files,but i need to know if it takes a null
or straight cable for the 8000. No problem i have one or the other. By the way the new loader does'nt require you to split the files and
then rejion them!

Ok i am good,forgot that i had a list of what cable it takes for different receivers, it takes the null cable!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)