coolsat 8100 file extension

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pitman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Lightning Capital
Hi, first post here it goes. I just downloaded the CS 8000 loader to update my CS8100 and found that the loader won't take the software. When I try to load the file into the loader I get a pop up error saying "invalid firmware file". I got it when I tried to load the clean.bin file and also when trying to load the factory file with the .sgn ending. Am I doing something wrong? I have read that the CS8K and the CS8100 both use the same loader. Help requested.

To load the "CleanHD.bin" file , you need to use a null modem cable and the serial port, not the USB stick. Is that what you're doing ? After the Clean file is loaded, then a usb load of the factory firmware should work just fine. [edit] I'm only this smart because recently we had a thread on the same subject. I have a CS8000, so I've always used a serial cable. Another member , with a CS8100, chimed in with the information that the Clean file HAD to be loaded via the cable, rather than usb stick. It's filed away in my memory now.
:)

Last edited:
I am trying to load the file with the computer and the loader, not the USB. The unit has froze up and does not recognize the USB. The loader is not recognizing the files when you try to put them into the loader.

I can't unzip the file. Getting a winzip error: cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. can you try the download to make sure it works.

I had no trouble extracting the files. Kind of an impasse. I'm using WinRar, if that's a clue, to create archives, and "unarc" them. [edit] Tried the file on my Ubuntu laptop, and it unzips there just fine, too. Not a Winrar problem, must be a problem at your end.
:)

Just as a point of reference, I d/l Brents file and unzipped it with both Filzip and 7zip.
Not even recent versions of either.

edit: and my old WinXP on this laptop will "open" the Zip and show the contents, too.

many times a file will be locked by windows. right click on the file, properties, find and click on Unblock.
Why, I don't know, but it happens to me now and then with files from the internet.

I'm still here stuggling to run the files in brents download. I dloaded rar in case there was a problem with my winzip which I just dl yesterday and now I have dl his file with the upgrade loader and clean file just to have a new error which reads: component "COMDLG32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" I would like to blow up my computer and the coolsat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not supposed to be this difficult.
Man this is a major pain you know where.

Those missing OCX files are a common first problem with the Coolsat loader. I've attached them . Unzip them and copy to \windows\system32 .

Attachments

• Missing OCX Files.zip
    339.6 KB · Views: 135
i had to buy a serial to usb converter and used that with the null modem cable. make sure you have upgrade 3.01 if it's 3.0 it wont work. found what port which was com 3 for me.(it tells you) opened the port.turn off the box via the back switch. click browse and click on the cleaner. run the cleaner and turn on the box right after you start it. let it run after its done turn it off by the back switch. browse the newest software.(mine was 2025A) start it on the computer and then turn on the box. wait for it to finish then unplug everything and start your box. ya theres not that much help for the 8100 so i had to figure this out. ;)

:( neither winzip or winrar are releasing these files. I keep getting errors like "cannot open file it appears to be an invalid achive. I guess I'll try something else. this is a real test of one's patience
'

:( neither winzip or winrar are releasing these files. I keep getting errors like "cannot open file it appears to be an invalid achive. I guess I'll try something else. this is a real test of one's patience
'

Some sort of curse ? :)
[edit] If you PM me with your email address, I can try to get the unzipped ocx files to you via email. Maybe that will help.

Last edited:
Time to call the witch doctor.
I'd do a virus scan.
...Or turn off whatever real-time virus scanner you may have engaged...?

I unzipped 'em with two different programs without incident.

I'm having problems on my end with compression tools and files, guys thanks for all the help and when I have these issues resolved I will come back.

sorry i was mistaken the usb pluged into the comp and null modem cable pluged into the box. it was a null to usb cable sorry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.