Coolsat 8100 firmware update.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvinccler

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Miami
I´m trying to update my receiver with the latest factory firmware available in the CoolSat official website, using the USB port. The receiver reads and recognize the file located in the USB drive but indicates "wrong file version", and does not update anything.

Some clue about what to do in this case ? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

I had a similar problem when I first got mine. The version installed did not appear to be hackware, but wouldn't load the factory version, so I suspected it anyway.

You probably need to load the "clean" image first: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/163234-new-coolsat-firmware.html#post1684525

Then load the new firmware. You need to use the serial port for this since the clean image is going to wipe out the software and you'll need to talk to the boot loader to update to the latest software. You need the "loader" software for your PC, which is different from the older Coolsat loader software.

One thing that I've never been quite sure of, partly because the only directions for how to do the firmware updates come from the pirate sites, and that is.....
... the instructions from the pirate sites seem to suggest that before loading up new versions of firmware after using the clean file, that an old version of factory firmware should first be loaded, rather than just jumping straight to a new version of firmware. This seems to suggest that new firmware may sort of build upon existing firmware.

I'm guessing that the above only applies to the pirate software, and that for those of us who put on official factory firmware, that we can probably just jump straight to the most recent firmware version, but not being sure, I have always started out with an earlier version of factory firmware, just in case.

Anyway, do other people besides me first put on old firmware versions, or does everyone here just jump straight to the new 2025a version???

Just curious whether I've been wasting my time and/or possibly even contaminating the new upgrade with the old factory file.

Mine had hackware out of the box, so I just flashed it to 2025A with no problems.

The reboot problem has ceased since I shut off my Uniden that it sat on. (Uniden generated heat) I think you'll be fine. As for our fellow Miami guy, welcome, I'm in Pompano. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts