Coolsat 8100 HD Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DK_Sat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
MD
I just got a Coolsat 81HD the software that came with receiver is S/W 11.20.1A H/W 1.00.00

Is there any other upgrade that i need to do for the 8100 HD or live the receiver the way it is.

Every time i hit menu the password screen comes up is there any way to turn the password screen off man thats unknowing

I have scan INT 805, PAS 9, NSS 806 , Galaxy 23/18 receiver works fine and decodes the AC-3 Audio thru the RCA cables

THe newer software (2025) eliminates the 31 satellite limit

sadly the password screen cannot be turned off

Here is the programs to update the software
The loader is a 3 part step
part 1, then 2, then 3.01 which is the actual loader

the newest software

Attachments

• CS8000HD upgrade loader files.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 165
  • CS8100-2025A.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 189
The receiver will work fine with what you have but the 31 sat limit is annoying for me so 2025 works better

Iceberg,

Thanks for the software can the software be loaded by the USB or i need to get a cable

Does the newer software 2025 only eliminates the 31 satellite limit or there is more. If it only eliminates the 31 sats i will stay what it is the receiver.

The password screen is very unknowing.

DK

you should do it via usb on the 8100. the 8000doesnt have that option ;)

I forget what else it fixed (maybe satellite names and TP's) but I know the 31 sat limit is gone

I agree with Ice that you should switch to the 2025A.

I've read his comments before about the 3 step process though, and I'm not sure what is being referred to there, but more on that below.

Re using USB, I think that there is a high probability that this will not work if you have earlier firmware versions. What often happens is that the 8100 won't recognize the file you have on the USB thumbdrive, often even if it's the same one you have on there. Also, just in case something goes wrong, I would recommend being prepared to use the serial port method.

One other thing, and this MAY only be an issue if you are trying to wipe the receiver clean of hacker firmware ( the "F" versions are pirate, and the "A" versions are factory), but I have always loaded a Clear_sw(HD).bin file, prior to loading new firmware. This shouldn't be necessary after you get to one of the newer firmware versions, and if you use the clear file, then the USB method will definately not work. I don't think however that it is necessary when going from factory to factory, but if anything goes wrong, I'd recommend doing this, so you should have this file handy.
Re three step process, I don't understand. What I have always done with the 8100 is just download the CSUpgrade v3.01.exe program, and run that directly. It may be that certain versions of Windows are lacking some DLL files or something, but with my Win2000 and Windows XP home, the loader worked fine without any step one and step two, whatever they were.
Run this program, and turn off the receiver with the switch. In the program select the file that you're going to download to the receiver, and tell it to start, then turn on the receiver, and everything should go on it's own. There will be progress indicators both on the receiver and the program. Anyway, it's a simple process. I can't go into any more detail right now, because the computer that I have all that stuff on died this morning, and it's going to take me a while to get it back up, so I can't check my notes right now, until I reload the OS.
I do remember reading some instructions about how to do the serial download, which made it sound like there was some timing involved, ie like you had to turn on the receiver, and quickly hit start, or visa versa. That definately was NOT necessary. Once you hit start, you can take your time turning the receiver on. The computer program waits for the receiver to come on.
If the receiver just boots up, then it probably means that you have the wrong cable.

BJ,

When i got the Coolsat 8100 HD it came with the software S/W 11.20.1A

The channel memory was empty i scan some C-Band satellites like PAS 9 /806 i inter the FR/SR and the 8100 scan the channels with no problem. What is the different between the 2 software 11.20.1A.. 20.25.A

I try loading S/W 20 25A with USB thumb drive it did not work the receiver sad wrong software

I try loading S/W 20 25A with USB thumb drive it did not work the receiver sad wrong software

That's what I was talking about above, when I said there was a high probability that it wouldn't work. I really think you're going to have to use the serial port method.
However, there might be a problem with the file's name. I think later firmware versions don't care what the file's name is, but earlier versions had to be named something like _sw_code.sgn . I might be wrong about that, but you might try making a copy of the file with the above name.
I'm still guessing that you'll need to do a serial transfer though. But once you get the newer firmware on there, the USB transfers work better.

The receiver will work fine with what you have but the 31 sat limit is annoying for me so 2025 works better

is this a diseqc 1.2 limit ? for storing positions ? i think i just hit it now that i can see further east than i thought. im running 12.06.2f (hack soft) becuz it allows me to kill the damn beeping on the antenna setup page and the sat list was more complete i thought. ive always loadedvia usb, whats the advantage to running the cleaner file via the loader ?

crackt out,

no. The 31 sat limit has nothing to do with Diseqc 1.2

If you notice, when you hit dish setup the 1st line shows
then the satellite

The new version (2025) drops the 1. The drawback is since the channel sorting sucks rocks, make sure the 1st satellite you work with is the one you want on top of your channel list if you sort by transponder. I made the mistake of scanning in a DVB-S2 feed (Louisiana PBS) first then went to log in G16 C-Band. Well I wanted the C-Band stuff up there first and it went LPB then G16

no. The 31 sat limit has nothing to do with Diseqc 1.2

If you notice, when you hit dish setup the 1st line shows
then the satellite

The new version (2025) drops the 1. The drawback is since the channel sorting sucks rocks, make sure the 1st satellite you work with is the one you want on top of your channel list if you sort by transponder. I made the mistake of scanning in a DVB-S2 feed (Louisiana PBS) first then went to log in G16 C-Band. Well I wanted the C-Band stuff up there first and it went LPB then G16

well i can only seem to store 31 positions on my vbox2 and i need 34. not sure what thats about. and i dont have numbered sats or use channel sorting.

crackt out,

The 31 sat has to do with how many satellites you can store in the receiver when setting up.
It has nothing to do with a motorized system or not.

The 31 sat has to do with how many satellites you can store in the receiver when setting up.
It has nothing to do with a motorized system or not.

well using the store command from the stb i can only store 31 positions. using my vbox's remote i can store more positions. why am i experiencing a 31 position limit ?

crackt out,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)