Coolsat 8100HD questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I got a Coolsat 8100HD yesterday and need some questions answered.

-What is the best software for the receiver and is there a download anyplace?

- How do you scan in manual pids like for the CW. I tried but only got the audio?

-I can't seem to get NBC, RTV on 137 and Reelz channel. Any pointers as far a pilot on off etc?

-For OTA is it best to scan those before satellite channels or don't it make a difference?

-Is there a channel editor I can use?

Last it quit saving channels now. I will probably have to do a MR and start again. Is there any best procedure to follow saving stuff after a MR to prevent this? Its a pain to rebuild the database.

On the plus side it has beautiful HD video. The masters I put in so far are awesome :)

Any pointers & help will be appreciated.

-What is the best software for the receiver and is there a download anyplace?
2025 for factory or older hackerware. Downloads section for 2025. Hackerware gets rid of the annoying ass beep and adds Diseqc 1.1 option (doesnt get anything it shouldnt)
- How do you scan in manual pids like for the CW. I tried but only got the audio?
advanced scan if I remember right....dont have mine anymore

-I can't seem to get NBC, RTV on 137 and Reelz channel. Any pointers as far a pilot on off etc?
T&E honestly (trial and error)

-For OTA is it best to scan those before satellite channels or don't it make a difference?
no diff. It puts them 1st on the list. Note on how to scan. 1000k steps, 406000-700000 for UHF stations and the VHF ones 174000-216000. If you have VHF low too you have to scan them too....I dont know freq's off hand.

-Is there a channel editor I can use?
nope

Last it quit saving channels now. I will probably have to do a MR and start again. Is there any best procedure to follow saving stuff after a MR to prevent this? Its a pain to rebuild the database.
you might be able to save a channel list to a USB but I had the 8000 that didnt have that option

The channel list is really screwed as it goes by SID. So you will have 15 "CH 1" in the list in order. I sort by transponder and then it sorts by satellite then TP. I also set it up to go across the arc
etc

so it would set up channels like this (by TP)
72 11890 (KFTL)
72 12052 (NBC)
72 12143 (GBN)
74 (if I scanned one in)
79 11903 (KTEL)

manual scan you can do directly from the manual scan screen. Enter the info and scan. Dont need to save the TP in first

I have 2025A software. I have the thing sorting by network right now and the groups the muxes together.

I need to fix the no save scan issue and figure out how to put these other channels in. I tried DEC manual for the pids on the CW and only got audio. Now I deleted them and can't store anything, or from any scans. There has to be a bug in the software, that shouldn't happen but these FTA boxes are testware if nothing else. Thanks for the reply Ice, any others feel free post advice and your findings using it :).

I've never had problems with manual PID entry on my CS8000, but I DO use the back power button frequently, anytime something doesn't seem to be going right. You might also pare down any unnecessary tp's in the sat list, hoping to avoid memory problems. :)

yeah after a bunch of scans the 8000 (and assume the 8100) have some gremlins issues where it does weird things

power switch on/off on back fixes this

yeah after a bunch of scans the 8000 (and assume the 8100) have some gremlins issues where it does weird things

power switch on/off on back fixes this

I have seen that on other DVB boxes before and that usually fixes it. It's not this time with the 8100. I probably need to do a MR and start from scratch again. Right now I'm enjoying what I scanned in but know what will need to be done. The memory got corrupted for some reason.

Well I got this thing figured out and didn't need to do a MR at all. :) Scanned in all the c & ku channels plus OTA I wanted more or less. There are a few it won't get but thats ok, every receiver has its pluses & minuses. Picture quality is excellent especially on HD. Nice addition to the headend. Good box for anyone looking for a used FTA HD receiver that does HD and S2.

tvropro said:
Well I got this thing figured out and didn't need to do a MR at all. :) Scanned in all the c & ku channels plus OTA I wanted more or less. There are a few it won't get but thats ok, every receiver has its pluses & minuses. Picture quality is excellent especially on HD. Nice addition to the headend. Good box for anyone looking for a used FTA HD receiver that does HD and S2.

Yes. I have the 8000. It sees more action than most of my other receivers. They're good boxes! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Only reason and beleive me the only one was because of the miss of the Blindscanning!! other than that its a great box. So sad the end of N2 came in and most of this company were shut down, so there isn't any future support. If not maybe the programmers should have fix this issue very long time ago and the history should be another.

Yes - If that Coolsat 8100 had blind scanning capability, it would have been one of the best on the market. The built in OTA tuner is a nice bonus to seamlessly pull together satellite and terrestrial broadcasts.

Any tricks you long time users of these boxes know like using the manual hex editor to force in certain pids for hidden muxes or ones audio don't work right on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts