Coolsat blind scan problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
Got a new problem.When I do a blind scan with the Coolsat 4000 Pro,it starts moving positioner and won't scan.Auto scan works fine.Anyone know what the problem might be ?

are you moving satellites before blind scanning?

Only thing I can think of is transponder overload and you have to delete some. i just did that the other day with my Coolsat 5000...had 89 TP's stored on SBS6

Upload the list to ChannelMaster and go through each TP. When you click on the TP on your computer it shows what channel is logged on that. If there is none nuke it. :)

Coolsat deletes the channel if you delete the transponder...my Pansat doesnt.

No not moving sats before blind scan and it's not TP overload.Just noticed it also won't manual scan.It says invalid frequency even when I know I am entering a good frequency.

John, I've had some problems with my 5000.

Sometimes the front display flickers. Whenever it flickers, the receiver poorly recognizes commands from the remote (i.e. I have to press a remote button several times before the receiver will do the command). I can fix the problem by turning the power off and then back on.

Also, last week, I was adding a satellite and all of a sudden the receiver lost all its memory. It wouldn't let me re-enter the satellites until I did a "factory reset".

So, your Coolsat is not the only one that has had problems.

Well I had to go the extreme and reset the system and re-flash the receiver.It was the first time I have hooked up the box to the computer.It was pretty easy.I have been doing the fun part of scanning all the satellites this morning.What a pain.It appears to do all scanning functions now.

John
You should have saved your channels via the Coolsat loader (same program you used to re-flash the reciever).

Would have saved all your channels :)

Yea I thought about that but I figured I would start from scratch anyway.I will certainly try that next time.Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)