Coolsat not receiving higher Ku frequencies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reedpetty

Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hey Guys, I'm new here and looking for advice. Please let me know if I should do this in another location on the site.
I'm trying to find a specific digital Ku feed that like AMC 1 tp 20 , the Pentagon Channel. It doesn't show up when I do a full blind search or a manual search.
I've got a 3m motorized dish that's motor controlled by a 4DTV receiver . The LNBF is connected to a Coolsat 7100 and then looped into the 4DTV.
I'm receiving all the digital C band signals and very low frequency Ku band signals on the Coolsat and C band Analog signals on the 4DTV, so I know I'm on the correct satellite. I've tried rotating the LNBF in 10 degree increments from straight up to 90 degrees in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions. At the optimum position, the Coolsat indicates I'm getting an 85%+ signal.
Any ideas why I'm not getting the higher frequency Ku?
Thanks in advance.
Reed

Welcome to the group. :)

there could be several possibilities

the type of lnb or lnbf you are using (corotor type, bsc621 combo ect)

are you receiving both H & V transponders ?

is it only happing on this satellite or others also?

did you recently update any filmware on the coolsat?

can you receive c-band digital or are you only getting analog?

Thanks for responding.
The lnbf is a BSC 621
I'm receiving both H and V transonders
It happens on all satellites
I just bought the coolsat and I haven't updated the firmware.
I'm receiving C band analog and I'm receiving C band digital
I'm receiving Ku band frequencies lower than 11900

Welcome to the group. :)

there could be several possibilities

the type of lnb or lnbf you are using (corotor type, bsc621 combo ect)

are you receiving both H & V transponders ?

is it only happing on this satellite or others also?

did you recently update any filmware on the coolsat?

can you receive c-band digital or are you only getting analog?

Thanks for the note, Iceberg.
When I set the LNB to SINGLE, I don't receive any signals.
With the LNB on UNIVERSAL 9750/10750 I receive signals.
I tried a blind search for the Pentagon channel and a manual serach, also. Each time the message is No Channel Founded.

set the LNB to SINGLE, 10750
Pentagon is at 12100 V 20000 (freq, pol, symbol)

There are 2 model of the BSC621:

BSC621-1 - Built-In 22KHz switch
Standard
Ku L.O. = 10750

BSC621-2 - Built-In DiSEqC Switch
Universal
Ku Low L.O. - 9750
Ku High L.O. - 10600

Which do you have?

Sorry for not including all the info.
I have a BSC621-2 - Built-In DiSEqC Switch
Universal
Ku Low L.O. - 9750
Ku High L.O. - 10600

There are 2 model of the BSC621:

BSC621-1 - Built-In 22KHz switch
Standard
Ku L.O. = 10750

BSC621-2 - Built-In DiSEqC Switch
Universal
Ku Low L.O. - 9750
Ku High L.O. - 10600

Which do you have?

" With the LNB on UNIVERSAL 9750/10750 I receive signals."
Double check that you have High L.O. = 10600 vs. 10750 as you stated before.

I've tried the LNB at all the settings possible on the coolsat. That includes: single, universal, lo =9750, hi=10600 and hi=10750.

" With the LNB on UNIVERSAL 9750/10750 I receive signals."
Double check that you have High L.O. = 10600 vs. 10750 as you stated before.

No, I'm not using a 22KHz switch, that I know of. The 22KHz setting is turned off on the Coolsat and I tried blind scanning with the 4DTV turned off, just in case.

Are you using a 22KHz switch anywhere?

Man, thanks for continuing to help. There should be an easier way.

OK, here's the settings I tried:
LNB - Single
LNB Freq - 10600
22KHz - On
DiSEqC 1.0 -1/4

In a blind search, I got a Ku digital frequency as high as 12160, so that's progress. However, when I went back and did a manual search for the Pentagon Channel ( freq= 12100, sr=20000) I get the channel not founded message.

Could you try this:

LNB - Single or Standard
LNB Freq - 10600
22KHz - On
DiSEqC - appropriate for BSC621-2 Ku

EDIT: I just checked to see if it was still there - nothing, I lock the 2 below, but not The Pent Channel

Are you locking any Ku Channels, on any Sat?
Can you try to lock
AMC1:
11840 H 26670
or
11880 H 26670

Last edited:
Two thinkgs.
When I set the Disque for 2/4, I don't get any satellites.
Second, after looking at the info I'm getting from the Coolsat vs Lyngsat has, I don't think I'm getting ANY Ku transponders. For example,on a blind search, the Coolsat lists NY Legislature (a C band digital ) as 11677 V and there is no such TP frequency listed on Lyngsat. So, I think I'm looking at Ku, based on a frequency listed by the Coolsat, but I don't think I'm receiving any Ku

EDIT: I just checked to see if it was still there - nothing, I lock the 2 below, but not The Pent Channel

Are you locking any Ku Channels, on any Sat?
Can you try to lock
AMC1:
11840 H 26670
or
11880 H 26670

On the Coolsat, are you getting any channels to Lock, C Band or Ku?
If not already done, in the Coolsat, you have to setup "Duplicate" Sats, 1 for C Band and 1 for Ku.
Then in each Sat setup you need to enter the correct LNB and Switch settings:
AMC1 C Band:
LNB - Standard or Single
L.O. - 5150
DiSEqC - Port 1

AMC1 Ku Band
LNB - Universal
Low L.O. - 9750
High L.O. - 10600
DiSEqc - Port 2

FYI: The BSC621-2 Universal is Not compatible with the 4DTV on it's own, I don't know if there is a "work around" being slaved to the Coolsat.

I understand and that makes sense. It's telling the LNB to receive C band when set to 1 and to look at Ku, when set to 2.
When I set the DiSEqC to 2, I don't receive any signal. Since I have the option of 3 DiSEqC settings, I've tried a blind search with each of them and with all of them set to 2/4 and I get 0 channels. I also tried a blind search with the 22Mhz switch on and off, with the DiSEqC set to 2/4. I've also tried setting the LNB to Universal 9750/10600 and Single 10600.
At least this is narrowing things down. I know I'm not getting Ku. Is there some Coolsat set up menu that I'm missing? I feel like there's a switch that needs to be turned on.

On the Coolsat, are you getting any channels to Lock, C Band or Ku?
If not already done, in the Coolsat, you have to setup "Duplicate" Sats, 1 for C Band and 1 for Ku.
Then in each Sat setup you need to enter the correct LNB and Switch settings:
AMC1 C Band:
LNB - Standard or Single
L.O. - 5150
DiSEqC - Port 1

AMC1 Ku Band
LNB - Universal
Low L.O. - 9750
High L.O. - 10600
DiSEqc - Port 2

FYI: The BSC621-2 Universal is Not compatible with the 4DTV on it's own, I don't know if there is a "work around" being slaved to the Coolsat.

Just to make sure there is no problem with the switch, did you tried a direct connection from receiver to the LNB, without the DiSEqc-Switch?

The BSC-621-2 LNBF has a loop from the C band section that connects down to a connector on the Ku section of the LNB. Where these come together, I assume is a DiSEqC switch, and then one cable goes down to the Coolsat. I don't have a DiSEqC switch in the line. There is a single cable from the LNB to the Coolsat.
Since I have the two cable, I should connect from the two parts of the LNB , using two cables, into a DiSEqC switch and then into the Coolsat and see if that makes a difference.

Just to make sure there is no problem with the switch, did you tried a direct connection from receiver to the LNB, without the DiSEqc-Switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)