Coolsat Pro 4000, DiSEqC 1.2 & UHF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I would like to have - on a SINGLE cable - 2 LNBs as well as 2 UHF antennas. Only one signal source at a time would ever be used (2 UHF antennas should not be "combined").

Is it possible to do this? If so - do I need some sort of dedicated piece of hardware to issue instructions to my outdoor DiSEqC 1.2 switch (4x1). Or can such a setup be controlled directly from my Coolsat Pro 4000 and signal from appropriate source passed through to the UHF tuner (whenever satellite signal is not being "used" by the Coolsat receiver)?

Thank you,
Michael

I'm confused on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to run 2 LNB's and 2 OTA antennas through one cable?

> Are you trying to run 2 LNB's and 2 OTA antennas through one cable?
Yes. But only one "signal source" would be "used" at any given time (i.e. I will never record from OTA while watchin a satellite signal or vice versa; have only one TV in the house - so will never watch two different signals at one time either; if a diplexer is the only way to go - that's fine as long as someone can suggest one where it's possible to select which OTA antenna is being utilized; kind of like what a DiSEqC can do for satellite signals by selecting one LNB at a time).

Thanks,
Michael

if you are trying to pick which OTA you want (I'm assuming here again that you have channels in 2 different directions so the 2 antennas are required).

I don't think you can pick which antenna unless you have an a/b switch

1.2 will only work for FTA...not OTA :(

If you had one antenna you could do it...but 2 makes it almost impossible without a A/B switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)