Coolsat Pro with BUD. Will this work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcann28

Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
I have a Coolsat Pro with a 33 fortec dish and a hh motor. Well lastnight my motor and LNB got toasted by lighting. I have a 10" BUD that I was told I could have that I have not had time to go and dig up. My question is if I get the BUD and a new c/ku lnb along with a vbox will this be all I'll need to drive the 36volt motor on the BUD? Or will I need something else?

Mcann

If you add in a diseqc switch (to run both the c and ku band lnbs into the 3500) that should be all you need.

What will control the servo motor? The coolsat pro does not have any power output for the servo and from what I've read the vbox II does not either.

Mcann :confused: :confused:

mcann28 said:
What will control the servo motor? The coolsat pro does not have any power output for the servo and from what I've read the vbox II does not either.

Mcann :confused: :confused:
That's the 'gotchya'. You can either change out to a voltage switched H/V feedhorn / LNB(s) or find a reciever that does do the servo control. Many of the Pansats have this functionality.

I have a Coolsat.... I'm connectiong it to a 5' mesh with a voltage switched H/V C-Band LNBF.

I'll put on my C/Ku feedhorn & polarotor when I pick up a Pansat 3500s.

Voltage switched H/V feedhorn / LNB(s)? Do they make a feedhorn c/ku lnb setup that the 5v from the coax cable will switch from h/v with out the need of a servo motor? If so who makes one?

Mcann

mcann28 said:
Voltage switched H/V feedhorn / LNB(s)? Do they make a feedhorn c/ku lnb setup that the 5v from the coax cable will switch from h/v with out the need of a servo motor? If so who makes one?

Mcann
There are a few out there but I don't think they are very popular.

http://www.daveswebshop.com/pmcku.shtml

someone makes one that looks like an ASC421 but it had C and Ku probes inside. I see 'em on ebay now and then. I can't find a pic of one right now to save my rear.

Sadoun has been working on a C / Ku LNB too.

There was a REAL GOOD thread in this forum with several member working on 'rolling their own' C / Ku LNB. Again I can't find that either :(.

It is best to have lnb's on the big dish and not lnbf's, when you take the bud it may come with a IRD just slave the DVB to the old analog IRD, or buy a cheao analog only IRD off ebay, this will give you more free channel well wild feeds, and with a VCII+ you will be able to subsrcibe programming, a 4dtv with a DVB is best though the 4dtv is not cheap.

I do have a Uniden analog receiver I could use to move the dish with but I wanted to use just the coolsat along with the vbox to move the dish. Otherwise my wife will be raising hell about having to use 2 receivers.

Mcann

There is another option, you could go with a quad lnb feedhorn. These use two c band lnb's and two ku band lnbs with no polarizer. These are a rare item tho, ive only seen a couple come up for sale on fleebay.

on another topic, Happy post # 600 to me :D It seems fitting that it is a post on c band, as that is what my first post to this forum was about.....

I found a c/ku/dbs feedhorn setup on ebay that looks interesting. it is ebay item # 5804349996 It kinda looks like a picture i saw posted here of a feedhorn setup that one of the members had made.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts