CoolSat review

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sling-blade

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
I may be mistaken , but I thought I read somewhere that Iceberg done a review of the CS 6000, does it exist or is my mind catching up with my eysight and old age?

The only things I remember being said recently in this forum about the Coolsat 6000 are that it uses a case based on the Coolsat 4000's case....and that the main difference between the 5000 and the 6000 is that the 6000 has more memory (the benefit of which could only be to store more guide information for ILLEGALLY received Dishnetwork programming).

sling-blade said:
I may be mistaken , but I thought I read somewhere that Iceberg done a review of the CS 6000, does it exist or is my mind catching up with my eysight and old age?

negative. I only did a review on the 4000 and the 5000

Havent seen a 6000 but from reading reports, its a 5000 in a 4000 case with an EPG that goes out longer. Since in this side of the world, there really arent any FTA channels that use a guide (Europe is different..EPG is HUGE there) its irrelevant.

considering its not available until April, little hard to do a review on a product that isnt avaialble yet :)

Probably it was Iceberg's review for the PANSAT 6000 that you were remembering. That's the one with the dual tuners and the DVR function.

Last edited:
The review I was thinking about may have been on Captive Works 6000, anyway it said something about leaving the channel on channel 100 and leaving the receiver on during the night to allow the EPG to update.

huh?

there has NEVER, I repeat NEVER been any review ever done here that has anything to do with a EPG. Since 99% of the chanenls up there have no EPG, its a moot point.

And why would you leave it on channel 100? UNLESS YOU ARE STEALING DISH NETWORK

we DO NOT condone hacking here........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)