Copmcast to raise the speed limit on broadband.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Comcast achieves 1-billion bit download speeds
11:17a ET June 16, 2011 (MarketWatch)
CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Comcast Corp. Chairman Brian Roberts on Thursday demonstrated broadband download speeds of more than 1 billion bits per second, in front of a gathering at the NCTA Cable Show in Chicago. Roberts showed a video of himself downloading 23 half-hour episodes of the NBC series "30 Rock" in 1 minute and 39 seconds.

Yeah, but can they deliver a fraction of that to the home? As I am paying $99 for 50MB service that is OFTEN nothing close, I am leery. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
Yeah, but can they deliver a fraction of that to the home? As I am paying $99 for 50MB service that is OFTEN nothing close, I am leery. :)

Couldn't you get the full speed when connected directly to the modem? I consistently get 25/3 on my 16/2 plan through Comcast.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the SatelliteGuys App

Couldn't you get the full speed when connected directly to the modem? I consistently get 25/3 on my 16/2 plan through Comcast.

I'm not talking about wireless, there I get anywhere from 20 - 35. A lot of the time I'll get the full 50MB when wired, but it still is very dependent on the time and day of the week.

rockymtnhigh said:
I'm not talking about wireless, there I get anywhere from 20 - 35. A lot of the time I'll get the full 50MB when wired, but it still is very dependent on the time and day of the week.

Send a message to @comcastcares on Twitter and have them check your modems signal levels. That might be your problem.

Awesome...you can blow through that cap faster! Just like how Cox offers a 50 megabit service in my area. Why the hell would I want a service that I can blow through the cap in only 18 hours?

The limit is often the far side in terms of filling a broadband pipe. I see 25 mbit/sec service from my 18 mbit service because of bandwidth bursting...

If you consistently test below rated speeds at places like speedtest.net talk to your mso.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts