Copy programs from HR10-250 to HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shramj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I just got off the phone with D and they are going to be installing a HR20 for me, since I already have a HR10-250, is there anyway to copy the programs from it over to the new HR20? Also, what size hard drive does the HR20 have?

no transfer; internal is 300 GB - you can install instead new 500 or 750 GB or use external eSATA enclosure with RAID-0 with 2x500 or 2x750 GB; external storage will disable internal disk, but all data ( schedules and recordings) will be safe there up to disconnect external ; no additional format required

Thanks, I just found that it has a 300gig internal drive. I added a 2nd harddrive to my HR10-250, if I wanted to put in a 500 gig drive in this HR20, do I have to use that software like I did for the HR10-250 to format, etc.? If you want a link to the stuff I used, just let me know.

Sweet! Plug and Play. I just ordered a 500gig drive from newegg.com for my new HR20, Can't believe how easy it is to add a new drive to this HR20. Thanks!

Sweet! Plug and Play. I just ordered a 500gig drive from newegg.com for my new HR20, Can't believe how easy it is to add a new drive to this HR20. Thanks!

How much was it, and let us know how it works when you get it.
I would have to look into a tera or 1.5 tera's though.

Someone said D* would have them soon, but I have not seen any info on them

Jimbo

Is there a way to hook my computer up to the HR20 and transfer recorded shows to the computer and then burn to DVD?

They are installing my new dish and the HR20 today, I will let you know how the upgrade goes. I will probably swap out the hard drives after the tech leaves today. The only thing that sux is I cannot run another coax down to the location where my HR20 will be. I went up in the actic over the weekend to give it a shot and I can't do it, D will have to run it along my house and then go through the exterior wall. I wish I would have ran 4 coax lines to my TV location when I had the house built, the actic is very low and the heater/AC duct blocks my way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)