Copy Protection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Henry-phile

Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
I did get the Setanta channel (for soccer) via DirecTV. I used to record to a Pioneer DVR and burn DVDs for my family, so they could watch later. Sometime in January DirecTV started copy-protecting their broadcasts, and so now my new DVR/DVD player is obsolete.

:hungry:

I resent being a junior member by the way.

Last edited:
All the channels? or just that sports channel. That stinks though, somebody will prob find a way around it.
charles

That happened to me last week trying to record a movie from my DVR to DVD from the Fox Movie Channel. Since that had not happened before, I did a front panel reset and that seemed to fix it. I was able to record it then.:confused:

dual dvrs'

I have a Pioneer dvr hooked up to my Directv box, just like in the old days the way you would hook up the vcr. My Directv box also happens to have a dvr. :up

What I used to do is record the game onto my Directv dvr, then if the game was good, 'play' the game again and record onto my Pioneer dvr [and then burn a dvd]. That did not work so I thought 'oh, they figured out I'm dual dvr-ing some how'. :eek:

Then I noticed that just hitting record on my Pioneer DVR would show the 'copy protected content' message. For every channel coming thru the Directv box. :mad:
Why would a soccer channel care if you are copying games? Yes I know it's the same reason the NFL cares- but who watches a game over and over? The beauty of sports is the novelty of not knowing who's going to win. That time of 'unknowing' is brief in our digital global society. :eureka

Looks like it's back to the 'old vcr' days! I'll have to record via VHS and burn a dvd. Such is the harsh climate for the American Liverpool fan. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)