Directv HDCP copyright protection issue with Tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
So I have this sharp Television hooked to a Directv H25.

A week ago everything was fine, and it was displaying all HD channels.

It's a Tv in a sports bar so just a single HDMI cable to the Tv. Nothing else is connected.

Today the receiver displays the HD copyright message and says to switch to component video cables.

I had everything on 1080i last week with no issues.

I can't even get CNN or some of the local channels to display 1080i. I tried setting the receiver to 480i and got the same message on ESPN.

I ended up hiding all the HD Channels in the guide and set it only for SD channels and it displayed a picture for a temporary fix.

The HDMI cable is brand new.

You think it's a bad Tv, or bad receiver?

I do not think the Tv is NON HDCP because they have several of the same model Tv s in the bar that work fine.

The box I did install was refurbished and manufactured in 2011.

Since it had no problem for about a week with HDCP doubtful the TV itself is the problem though the input could have gone bad. I suspect the HDMI cable even though new. If there is more than one HDMI input try that first, otherwise try another cable.

A lot of times the hdmi needs to make a "handshake" between the box and receiver. When it doesn't happen you usually get this type of error message. The three ways around this are
1. Plug the hdmi cord into a different hdmi input. I suggest you use the last one in numerical order
2. Unplug the hdmi and plug it back in. That usually resets the need for the handshake.
3. If you can update the software on the TV by either connecting to the Internet or using a flash drive to download the update and put it on the TV
4. If none of these fix the issue you will probably have to switch to component

A lot of times the hdmi needs to make a "handshake" between the box and receiver. When it doesn't happen you usually get this type of error message. The three ways around this are
1. Plug the hdmi cord into a different hdmi input. I suggest you use the last one in numerical order
2. Unplug the hdmi and plug it back in. That usually resets the need for the handshake.
3. If you can update the software on the TV by either connecting to the Internet or using a flash drive to download the update and put it on the TV
4. If none of these fix the issue you will probably have to switch to component
also try rebooting both the tv and the box.

Are you using a HDMI "splitter" to feed more than one TV with the same receiver? If yes, that is most likely your problem.

Reactions: Juan
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts