copy to dvd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Hi! I read some posts that refer to the ability to copy programing that has been recorded on an HR20 to a dvd. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and how it is done? Thanks!

Hi! I read some posts that refer to the ability to copy programing that has been recorded on an HR20 to a dvd. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and how it is done? Thanks!

At this time, I don't think there is anything to allow copying of recorded programs to DVD. What you can do is run the output of the HR20 to the input of a DVD burner and do a real time recording.

I record a show/movie to my HR20-700. Than at a later time when I watch it, at the same time I burn it to a DVD. I do believe all outputs are live on the HR20 at the same time, so there are several ways to get a very good quality copy. I even burn High Def shows to my non High Def DVD burner and am very pleased. My Tivo's even have a option to do this. If I recall correctly I have seen a few PPV's that will not allow you to record to the receiver, just view it.

Where did that add come from on my post???:?

I record a show/movie to my HR20-700. Than at a later time when I watch it, at the same time I burn it to a DVD. I do believe all outputs are live on the HR20 at the same time, so there are several ways to get a very good quality copy. I even burn High Def shows to my non High Def DVD burner and am very pleased. My Tivo's even have a option to do this. If I recall correctly I have seen a few PPV's that will not allow you to record to the receiver, just view it.

How did that add get in my message?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)