Hughes HD Receiver Won't Work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbblvm

Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yesterday when I got home and turned on my Hughes HD receiver, I got a network reconfiguration error. After a reset, the system can't find the channels. OTA works fine. No guide and the receiver can't set the clock. Talk to customer service who admits that something DTV did caused a problem with Sony & Hughes receivers and that they expect to have it fixed by 6:00 am today. Get home this evening and still the same problem. Call customer service and they now seem to have no clue. If I check the transponders they all seem to show good signal strength. The last suggestion was to go on the roof to check the connection and the service rep didn't seem to understand that this can't be the problem since OTA is diplexed and working and all of the transponders show strong. Their next solution is a service call that I don't expect to solve anything except to want me to switch to the new system. This is virtually impossible for me since I am in a 4 story townhouse and there is no reasonable way to run all of the cables required by the new system. Anyone know how to fix the problem for now while I try to decide what to do in the long run?

Welcome, and sorry to say there is another thread on it.

It is the older generation receivers based on the LG platform/chipset; which the Sony, Zenith, Hughes, and LG DirecTV HD receivers of old are. I have one of the LG models in the master bedrrom still kicking but I think its days are numbered. I have made sure to not disconnected the RG6 or power from it, as many say this led to the "reboot of demise." I hope one of the other thread starters pop in here long enought to post the link to the other info for you.

There is apparently a fix now. Reboot your receiver and hope for the best!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts