Corotator on a modern fta Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
My best C Band LNB for reception purposes is a Norsat on a Chapparel Corotor feedhorn.
This requires me to use the Legacy II analogue box to control polarity and skew.
Is there a device which would connect to a modern Digital FTA Box like AZBox or Coolsat which would convert the 12v/18v polarity signals to signal tht would move the wire in the Feedhorn ?

Thanks

Tony

iso pansat

I know a pansat from 2500 to 3500 all have polarotor control connections on the back (5vdc/pulser/gnd). Another model that had it was some satcruisers, which controlled 24-36vdc motors too.

Adden: An external box will need two things, the ability to switch 14/18vdc selections into H/V pulses and not interrupt the LNBf voltage control dc...
The H/v pulses can be made with just a couple resistors, a 555 timer, and a couple of caps, and some wire, set up to tune a properly aligned polarotor. A detector for voltage can be made by using just a regulator which will not come on without the max voltage amount of 18vdc, while coming on only after more than say 15vdc is applied. A few diodes will need to be added with it also. Though this is just basically how, it is easily attainable.

Last edited:
This has been discussed in other threads. If you feel like a DIY project, there is information at Budfoot Files about how to build a box which will convert 14/18V polarity control to servo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)