Corotor and ploarity setting Adjustment help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I have one of my 7.5 dishes set up with a corotor using a pansat 3500

the settings on the pansat is V 45 H -45 my corotor is set up with the KU at 11 Oclock C at 5 Oclock I have to adjust the setting on the receiver at V 0 H 80 and has to be done with every Sat as i am using a acuator which the movement of the dish adjusts the polarity from there

Which postion would i need to set my corotor inorder to keep the receivers settings at
-45 +45 so i dont have to go thru all the sats and set the skew at 0 and 80

The first time had no problem until my receiver went hay wire and lost all my settings. then i had to go back and reset the skew again

I would just like to do a factory reset and have the skew at the receivers settings -45 +45 but just not sure where the postion of the corotor KU and C should be to obtain this

Im in southern Ohio I get all the sats from 60+ to 148 so i am on the clark belt
the skew adjustment can be a pain if i would happen to loose my settings again

even my other FTA as Coolsats are factory set at -45 +45
Thanks

I would put the setting in the Pansat back on 45/-45 and start easing the Corotor in a counter clockwise direction toward 10 o'clock/4 o'clock to see if it improves (and go further if need be?). If it gets worse, move it in the other (clockwise) direction. If you find your sweet spot at 0/80, then you'll need to keep it there, but it should really be 90 degrees apart. And not 80 degrees, like you seem to have? So, it should be be something like -10/80 or -5/85 or -20/70, etc... etc.... and hopefully it will be close to -45/45...?
Good Luck..!!!

I did a 360 and the best quality is at 0V 80 H
got close at one time but either hit -45 or 45 then had to go way off skew to get one or the other

all evens out the same]
guess i am stuck with 0-80
Thanks

I think i could reset the servo motor to fix it but its so cold here i just froze my butt off this morning messing with the corotor

I think what VoomVoom was saying is to set it to 45 in the Pansat, then go out to the Dish and rotate the whole LNBF(not the Scalar) to best signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)