corporate sky angel phone number?

Look at it this way, we might be helping sky angel to stop from making a bigger mistake.

I think the mistake is made and irreversable. They have already filed to transfer Transponder Licenses and have already signed contract with with IPTV host.

Even if they did realize they goofed, it is a done deal, changing their mind now would only serve to throw them into a lawsuit by the IPTV provider, possibly killing what is left of Skyangel, and facing the FCC posibly telling them "tough rocks", if you don't want to transfer the TP, then we will just take them and not renew them for you either since you are doing nothing about launching a new satellite anyways (or of course a potential law suit rom Echostar for breach of an agreement).

Either way, they have sealed their fate.

Sorry to be the pee'er on the parade once again, but this is just looking at it from simple logic (and a smidget of knowledge on the subject of litigation).

Last edited:
I am not saying you would not have given them a gift elder, maybe even a substantial one. I am saying that any ministry or business needs to build itself on some ongoing revenue stream, not a one-time one. In this case, I see no way they could truly generate a significant ongoing revenue stream.

While some will, I maintain that I am validated that most Christians will not pay for "Christian-only" programming, at least not enough to keep things going.

Would you want to be giving another "one time gift" next year as well? For the next ten years? When would it end? How could it end with SkyAngel surviving?

I would not have given them a gift, and I suspect that my "claim" on "forever lifetime" access is stronger since my father donated for my description long before SkyAngel existed. I never read the exact text, but I suspect it was not limited to (at least originally) the lifetime of the satellite, since it was just a gleam in Robert Johnson's eye at that point. The amount was more than the $299 most people got in with.

I would have been very ticked if I had stretched to buy 2 lifetime memberships for other family members when they last sold them, as I almost did. Even then, I would have let it die since I have a lot of things to be ticked about and I choose to spend my time on productive things rather than things that waste my time.

What annoys me about this conversation is that it is accomplishing nothing, though I keep getting exposed to it because I check this group sometimes to see what is going on with SkyAngel. I am going to be going to Fios as soon as they finish turning on my neighborhood (talk about annoying delays...), so I am not worried about Dish much anymore. I also just bought 2 Tivo HD units and while I don't like some things, they have a lot more flexibility. I can get almost the same programming I get/got on SkyAngel, plus I can get the occasional HD shows. TBN has all 5 of their local stations and Pax carries the Worship network on one of their digital channels and has lots of Vegitales and 3-2-1 Penguins if I wanted to watch that. (The wonders of broadcast digital technology....)

What is the point of beating SkyAngel? What is it going to accomplish? If it is making you feel good and you are a Christian, are you not erring as much as you believe SkyAngel did? You have both made your points clear, you are "made as hell and not going to take it anymore," but is that really a godly attitude?

Brad
I'm not mad, maybe disappointed since I am left w/o a decent option. It sounds like you are more upset than I! I am concerned for the little old ladies and others out there that won't know anything about it until the lights go out. What will their opinion of Christian marketeers be? And what must SA do in order to be able to place its gift on the altar if it wishes to do so?

Again, do you have info that I don't have? Info that might suggest that SA's base was mostly lifetime sponsors as opposed to pay-as-you-go subscribers? I would not suspect that to be the case but with SA so secretive I don't have a clue.

supposed christian organizations cant be protected just based on that. no more than catholic church should get a free pass on pedophile in the church......

Incidently verizon FIOS internet is grand but the phone part tech support sucks and once you go FIOS they refuse to put you back on copper.......

even knowing the phopne isnt working much of the time..........
IT HAPPENED TO ME!:(

we had lousy phone service for over a month and even after a tech showed it was a CO problem they REFUSED to fix it.

They only finally got around to it when I called the media and their presidents office esclate number.

ongoing revenue?

they got quick start up from the lifetime members but did have an ongoing revenue from the monthly and yearly subs. it appears though that they did not figure out the correct monthly fee needed to keep sky angel in the black. maybe they did and knew it was going to be more than people will pay :( then they compounded the problem several times . when they ran short of cash they raised quick cash by offering memberships again. that was a quick fix BUT they then lost yet more ongoing revenue. It might have helped if they only offered memberships for new subs but who knows.........

i think its sad if you are right and Christians do not want christian Tv as there n only tv. the people I know either have sky angel or no tv at all.

Incidently verizon FIOS internet is grand but the phone part tech support sucks and once you go FIOS they refuse to put you back on copper.......

even knowing the phopne isnt working much of the time..........
IT HAPPENED TO ME!:(

we had lousy phone service for over a month and even after a tech showed it was a CO problem they REFUSED to fix it.

They only finally got around to it when I called the media and their presidents office esclate number.

I figure I have my cell phones as backup, though we do need a "landline" for our security system.

Brad

I think the price SkyAngel had (monthly) was at or near the limit of what people would pay for only their channels. I don't think the market would support a higher price, but they needed more for the monthly costs, especially when you factor in the cost of a satellite.

Brad

was watching the new inside sky angel show...
in the middle they mention iptv and all the benefits of it......
and show more channel they will have...
all the extra tbn channels,miracle network,ewtn,ewtn spanish...
some others i dont remember, big deal you can get some of those on basic dish package
i dont think there will be a big rush for those channels.
they also mentioned there will be ppv events,hmmmmmmmm
more money.
i just do not see this working,but i will miss the service on dish
but it is ending and i will choose not to go with iptv,fun while it lasted

I think the price SkyAngel had (monthly) was at or near the limit of what people would pay for only their channels. I don't think the market would support a higher price, but they needed more for the monthly costs, especially when you factor in the cost of a satellite.

Brad
I think you hit the nail on the head. I was a positive witness for SA for years, but only one contact went for it . . . and that was at the last lifetime offer. People (including churchmen) seemingly prefer TV for entertainment and thus choose blasphemy and ball games over Christian programming.

They are starting this production comapny. Perhaps they will go the way of CBN and give up TV networks altogether and just produce shows to broadacst on other networks.

If they were smart, they would get Angel one and Two and maybe even KTV on Glorystar in hopes of pulling some customers over to their system as a companion system. And if that didn't work, and/or they fail with IPTV, than at least they have the an avenue to produce their programs and air them anyways.

did the inside sky angel show explain that DBS is being cancelled? Not everyone who watches that will put 2+2 together and reaiize that adding IPTV means losing DBS.

yes cat they did say they would be switching to iptv over the next year.
just the same stuff they have already told all of us.

LIfe Time Member

I have used this site to keep up on Sky Angel news for a long time, but only today did I decide to register and reply. Never had the time.

I have been a life time member from almost the beginning. So that everyone knows, the lifetime membership at the time I signed up was for the members life time, not the lifetime of a satellite. I still have my paperwork. So in that regards, they are legally obligated to provide service until Sky Angel no longer exists. To bug out of their obligations, they will probably change their name to avoid a law suit. Highly doubtful they would keep the name since Sky Angel's name is called that because the satellite was called the angel in the sky. I remember Bob talking about that many times. I wish I had kept some of the programs I recorded with him. At one time I used to record them so I could watch them at a convenient time. I think they were called something like the Sky Angel update. I quit watching them after the format changed, never the same because they quit updating what was really going on. At one time I was very excited about Sky Angel and promoted them. :clap

I for one am concerned too with the many, and I mean many subscribers that do not have a clue to what is going on with the change. My parents in their 80's have Sky Angel and don't know anything about it. They have no computer, no internet. I don't have the heart to tell them it's going to end. My parents number one program used to be Gospel Music Television (not the new one) with southern gospel music. :music: It was a shame it ended. Even if they were on a computer (don't know how to use one) they wouldn't have the money for the high speed connection or the monthly fees. I have a feeling many of the life time members will go away when this happens. A most terrible thing to happen to Bob Johnson's dream. I remember many of the programs with Bob talking about the dream. It ended when he died. :river

I agree that Sky Angels funding and finances have been a secret, even when Bob was alive. They never let us know though you could tell they needed more money. I suspect Bob was good at getting donations which kept things afloat, that too ended when he died. The massive cost of building and launching a satellite was something I always wondered how they were going to accomplish. I thought and told others that Bob probably has someone or a group that must be going to fund it. Monthly subscriptions would never accomplish it unless they had the revenue of Dish Network. I can't remember ever hearing anywhere of how many monthly subscriptions Sky Angel has, but is obviously not even enough to sustain them while using Dish Networks satellite. Maybe Bob did have someone and that went away, we may never know.

For myself, I do have internet, but not high speed. I live in a remote area where it's unavailable, and if it was, may not be high enough I'm told even if it was here. So, like other posts before, I may need to go to Glory Star. I will miss the specials, many were unique to Sky Angel, not available anywhere else. Some programs too, are not available either that I like to watch because they are unique to Sky Angels two channels.

There is no reason why Sky Angel could not offer Sky Angel 1 and 2 to broadcast on Dish Network as public access channels. Of course, if we don't have a basic dish programming package, we wouldn't get it. Right now I pay nothing to Dish since I am only a Sky Angel subscriber and neither are my parents. They could not afford even the basic Dish package. Watching free public access Dish programming may all end with the transfer of their satellite spots to Dish. We have no idea what kind of agreement they have with Dish. Bob Johnson made the original deal with Dish, I doubt very much if he would have done anything like what is going on now. So, when Sky Angel ends, unless you have subscribed to Dish, you have a dish and receiver that won't receive anything. My receiver is so old that it's not worth anything. I didn't keep up with the new stuff.

Now I have things to do I should be doing instead of writing this. :wave

There is no reason why Sky Angel could not offer Sky Angel 1 and 2 to broadcast on Dish Network as public access channels. Of course, if we don't have a basic dish programming package, we wouldn't get it.
I hope they do. But your comments makes me wonder... You do realize that Angel 1 is broadcast FTA from 119 right now? No subscription necessary, but a FTA receiver may be necessary. I can definitely watch it with my Twinhan 1025 DVB-S card for free. I would have to dig out an un-subbed Dish receiver to check on your particular situation. But a Glorystar system would definitely work, were you to repoint your dish to 119.

An even better solution, from my point of view, would be for Dish to offer the Sky Angel package and keep everything on 61.5. As you pointed out, their name doesn't make sense since they'll be almost exclusively delivered terrestrially. (If that's a word!) They might also provide their exclusive channels to Glorystar. It's hard to guess, much less predict, what might happen given how secretive the Sky Angel organization has become.

I suspect Bob was good at getting donations which kept things afloat

Many ministries are built around a personality and I doubt this was any different.

While it won't help the visual aspect, having a computer could allow them to get podcasts from a wide range of ministries. Many different ministries produce their radio shows in podcast form and this might be worth investigating for those who still want "free".

They may also want to check out a TV with a digital tuner, if they can get the money for that. The TBN station in the Dallas area has 5 channels.

1 - The normal TBN
2 - The God Channel - lots more teaching/preaching
3 - JCTV - a teen-focused channel
4 - A kid-focused channel
5 - Enlace TV (?) - A Spanish language channel

That can give some variety all by itself. Not quite SkyAngel, but something.

If you wanted to help them out, a GloryStar system might be worthwhile, though I would suspect it is out of their budget at the start. I don't see the value in it myself, but it might be good for them.

Brad

I have used this site to keep up on Sky Angel news for a long time, but only today did I decide to register and reply. Never had the time.

I have been a life time member from almost the beginning. So that everyone knows, the lifetime membership at the time I signed up was for the members life time, not the lifetime of a satellite. I still have my paperwork. So in that regards, they are legally obligated to provide service until Sky Angel no longer exists. To bug out of their obligations, they will probably change their name to avoid a law suit. Highly doubtful they would keep the name since Sky Angel's name is called that because the satellite was called the angel in the sky. I remember Bob talking about that many times. I wish I had kept some of the programs I recorded with him. At one time I used to record them so I could watch them at a convenient time. I think they were called something like the Sky Angel update. I quit watching them after the format changed, never the same because they quit updating what was really going on. At one time I was very excited about Sky Angel and promoted them. :clap

I for one am concerned too with the many, and I mean many subscribers that do not have a clue to what is going on with the change. My parents in their 80's have Sky Angel and don't know anything about it. They have no computer, no internet. I don't have the heart to tell them it's going to end. My parents number one program used to be Gospel Music Television (not the new one) with southern gospel music. :music: It was a shame it ended. Even if they were on a computer (don't know how to use one) they wouldn't have the money for the high speed connection or the monthly fees. I have a feeling many of the life time members will go away when this happens. A most terrible thing to happen to Bob Johnson's dream. I remember many of the programs with Bob talking about the dream. It ended when he died. :river

I agree that Sky Angels funding and finances have been a secret, even when Bob was alive. They never let us know though you could tell they needed more money. I suspect Bob was good at getting donations which kept things afloat, that too ended when he died. The massive cost of building and launching a satellite was something I always wondered how they were going to accomplish. I thought and told others that Bob probably has someone or a group that must be going to fund it. Monthly subscriptions would never accomplish it unless they had the revenue of Dish Network. I can't remember ever hearing anywhere of how many monthly subscriptions Sky Angel has, but is obviously not even enough to sustain them while using Dish Networks satellite. Maybe Bob did have someone and that went away, we may never know.

For myself, I do have internet, but not high speed. I live in a remote area where it's unavailable, and if it was, may not be high enough I'm told even if it was here. So, like other posts before, I may need to go to Glory Star. I will miss the specials, many were unique to Sky Angel, not available anywhere else. Some programs too, are not available either that I like to watch because they are unique to Sky Angels two channels.

There is no reason why Sky Angel could not offer Sky Angel 1 and 2 to broadcast on Dish Network as public access channels. Of course, if we don't have a basic dish programming package, we wouldn't get it. Right now I pay nothing to Dish since I am only a Sky Angel subscriber and neither are my parents. They could not afford even the basic Dish package. Watching free public access Dish programming may all end with the transfer of their satellite spots to Dish. We have no idea what kind of agreement they have with Dish. Bob Johnson made the original deal with Dish, I doubt very much if he would have done anything like what is going on now. So, when Sky Angel ends, unless you have subscribed to Dish, you have a dish and receiver that won't receive anything. My receiver is so old that it's not worth anything. I didn't keep up with the new stuff.

Now I have things to do I should be doing instead of writing this. :wave

I'm basically in the same boat as you are Shadow........I'm a Lifetimer way back when it was a LT for the members lifetime not the lifetime of the satellite, and I still have the paperwork. I, like your parents, mainly signed up for the Gospel Music Television back in the late 90's. I signed up at the National Quartet Convention when SkyAngel was there advertising as one of their 6 or 8 channels and I got it for the old GMTN not the new Gospel Music network and not even the new GMTN that is internet only that moved from Pigeon Forge, Tenn to Greenville, Tx.......there is just something missing it that, as I've watched it online some. (Yes you read it right when SkyAngel came on there was only 6 or 8 channels) I do have HighSpeed Internet but that isn't the point.....I bought it because of what Bob Johnson promised not what looks like is going to be changed after his death with SA not honoring their promise. Also, any subscriber that paid attention knew that they were in financial distress but didn't know where it was going to go and when. Only thing is SA didn't notify us about anything about IPTV but they did notify about SA carrying Fox News, HGTV, and the two Hallmark channels wanting me to authorized a monthly payment for those four channels. I didn't reply because my contract doesn't say anything about additional charges, I have the papers, so they can do what they want with those secular channels, I'm not going to pay for them. Long story short, based on what Bob Johnson promoted 10 years ago, he wouldn't like it right now.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

boy have they strayed from his vision :( Does anyone remember the ads for lifetime when he said never pay fees again, if we add channels you get them at no additional cost etc!

I'm basically in the same boat as you are Shadow........I'm a Lifetimer way back when it was a LT for the members lifetime not the lifetime of the satellite, and I still have the paperwork. I, like your parents, mainly signed up for the Gospel Music Television back in the late 90's. I signed up at the National Quartet Convention when SkyAngel was there advertising as one of their 6 or 8 channels and I got it for the old GMTN not the new Gospel Music network and not even the new GMTN that is internet only that moved from Pigeon Forge, Tenn to Greenville, Tx.......there is just something missing it that, as I've watched it online some. (Yes you read it right when SkyAngel came on there was only 6 or 8 channels) I do have HighSpeed Internet but that isn't the point.....I bought it because of what Bob Johnson promised not what looks like is going to be changed after his death with SA not honoring their promise. Also, any subscriber that paid attention knew that they were in financial distress but didn't know where it was going to go and when. Only thing is SA didn't notify us about anything about IPTV but they did notify about SA carrying Fox News, HGTV, and the two Hallmark channels wanting me to authorized a monthly payment for those four channels. I didn't reply because my contract doesn't say anything about additional charges, I have the papers, so they can do what they want with those secular channels, I'm not going to pay for them. Long story short, based on what Bob Johnson promoted 10 years ago, he wouldn't like it right now.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!
In retrospect those few channels on 119W were better than the current lineup. Plus we watched Inside SkyAngel with anticipation as Bob and Pelle discussed the future of the vision. I remember Pelle sharing some photos or footage of all the small dishes on rooftops in Sweden as they talked about expanding Sky angel. Those were the days . . .

The best thing that can be done now is to purchase a Glorystar system and promote them in your church and among your friends. Write letters and send them snail mail to the channels you would like to see go to Glorystar pledging monthly support if they do.

I currently support SafeTV and Spirit Television and have already written to both telling them when SkyAngel goes off the air my financial support will end until they go to GloryStar. I know both of them are considering it and expect they will wait to see the impact after S/A ends satellite service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)