Corrupt recording on 508?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Hey guys, got a quick question. I tried watching a recording on my 508 last night that was an hour long(and says length is 1 hour in my "My Recordings" list). However, when I tried to start the event, it immediately flipped back to the program info screen giving me the option to "Start Over" "View" etc.. It does this over and over. Is there anyway to actually watch what I have recorded here since something an hour long was recorded and is on the hard drive? Thanks for any help

Try resetting the receiver pull power cord for a ten count.

Thanks, will try this as soon as the movie I'm recording ends. Is this a possible fix when this specific recording is the only one I'm having problems with playing back? I tried the recording right below it and it started up just fine.

I had the same thing happen on my 722 with last nights Prison Break. I got about 10 seconds of blue screen, then flashed right back to the "start over, live tv, etc" screen. It showed there was 1:04 recorded, but nothing was there. Nothing I did would revive the recording .... so, I deleted and am going to find the episode online - I hope. Otherwise.... I'm left wondering what was in that box! LOL

Ok I pulled the plug on the reciever for 10 seconds, and tried to play the recording again and still won't work. Anything else I can try?

I had the same thing happen on my 722 with last nights Prison Break. I got about 10 seconds of blue screen, then flashed right back to the "start over, live tv, etc" screen. It showed there was 1:04 recorded, but nothing was there. Nothing I did would revive the recording .... so, I deleted and am going to find the episode online - I hope. Otherwise.... I'm left wondering what was in that box! LOL

I'm not even getting a blue screen when I start it, it flips immediately back to Start Over, View, etc.. One thing I did notice is if I hit rewind at the event screen, it will show some of the first of the program but as soon as I let go of rewind, it flips immediately back to Start Over, View, etc.. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts