Coship

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaylak

Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
I have a coship receiver DB3188. It was dead at once. I switch it on but nothing is there.
I checked the chord, the switch behind the receiver and the fuse inside it and they are all in
operating condition. I have no idea. should I throw this set out for a new one or is there a
repair possible. thanks. mohammad

jaylak,

First welcome to satguys.

Second, Why resurrect an old thread to ask a question not related to the topic?

Never heard of a Coship receiver. Depending on how old it is, you may wanna consider getting something fresh and new. You will be a lot happier. Coolsat, Pansat, Fortec, just to name a few brands. Don't get a Pantech, it's a knock off Pansat. Captive Works is cheap in price but may be limited in features cause it's popular in the dark market.

I have a CS 4000 and still runs well to this day.

That exact rec was my first, about 2yrs ago, and still works today. I have carried it outside dozens of time, placed it on the rocks and ground while tuning dishes in near 100degree heat , and it still works (as a backup)
Never had any problem with mine so far, excellent thorough blind scans (though pretty slow). It finds things newer receivers skip over.
It was around a hundred bucks, I havent seen one for sale anywhere lately, have no idea who might service one either, sorry.

I have the same receiver and it works fine. I've never had any problem with it.
With the unit plugged in and the power switch on the back on, you should have a red led lit on the front panel. When you power on it should say INIT on the front panel. Does your unit show anything on the front panel?. Did it work before? If it's not the cord, switch or fuse, then it could be something in the power supply. Unless you are an electronics technician, it's probably not worth repairing. Just get a new receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)