Cost after the two year lock?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I am getting close to the end of my two year lock. I thought it was/is a good deal. Since that time prices have risen. All around more expensive. My question is has anyone finished price lock of 24 months? And what did you end up with? Thanks

Reactions: LQQK
Look at your bill!

Dish usually lists the credits your getting to help soften the blow when it goes to regular rates.

Also they list the credits so they don’t get any crap from customers saying nobody told them the price would go up after so many months.

Usually it says “credit 1 of 24”

Reactions: budda
When it expires ask dirt for the existing customer promotion.
After my 2 year lock expired in October i asked for the Existing customer promotion. My new discount is a $12.00 reduction on my main package with an additional $5.00 credit for having ebill and autopay active on my account. (This would require a new 24-month commitment; however, during this entire length you will be locked at this price.)
So i will save 17.00 per month for 24 months. plus however much the prices go/went up in 2019 and 2020. Thanks to CalebS@DISH with DIRT for making this happen.

Reactions: budda
Thank you for all the reply's. I got a hold of Dish today. I guess I was a little premature. I have 9 months left. It ends in October of 2019. I think I have a good plan moving forward based on the above posts. I am paying 106.00 a month with top 200 plus sports package. (1) Hopper3 , (1) 4k Joey, (2) standard Joeys. I have read a lot of posts of people in the 200's or high 100's. Most of those plans have pay movie channels like HBO and are in the top 250 tier . I have Smart TV's, Apple TV. A good Antenna. Fire stick. 4k UHD blueray player. I am really not staved for content. But the Hopper kicks but. So I really want to keep it unless it gets crazy. Thanks again for all your help. Have a successful day! :)

I was out of my 2-year contract last year but it had a 3-year price guarantee. After the 3-years, it went up approx. $30. I called and the put me on a new 2-year lock with total saving of $20 for the 2 years. $10 off the Top 120 package, $5 off DVR fee and $5 off for autopay.

Reactions: HipKat