Cost of OTA HD on 211/622

tee

Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
My concern about this new pricing scheme/scam is the HD Enabling fee. I've read were most people are saying is a fee imposed on a subscriber who gets a 211 or 622 receiver, doesn't subscribe to one of their HD paks, but wants to get local OTA HD stations.

I also read in a PDF that I got from this website yesterday that HD locals will be broadcasted by E* in certain areas. There was an asterick that read there may be additional costs.

Am I to read that as if and when E* broadcasts my HD locals, then I will be charged the HD Enabling fee if I want to continue to receive OTA locals too? My sat signal goes out quite frequently during heavy storms and I prefer to watch my local weather via OTA.

Does anybody know if I am interrupting this correctly?

Tim

My understanding is the charge is for any HD one the new mpeg4 boxes unless you have an hd package. If they add your market I think you will still be able to use OTA, the LIL channels will be on 4 digit numbers

In other words they will charge you the $6 even if they don't have LIL HD in your area and you want to use OTA tuner. You also have to sub to locals if you want guide data

i called dish about the HD enabling fee,they said it will be refunded after installation,i checked the website,billing,and yes it went away.
install was feb.5th,installer installed 411,all works great..but then to my surprise,3 days later i got a 211 shipped to me..wth.
i didnot order it.
i decided to activate the 211 too,use it in the bedroom,needed to get onthe roof,install another sw21 switch,both work great now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)