Cost of VIP 222 vs. 2 Vip 211

kwalk

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Elon,NC
Would like to upgrade my old two 301's , question is if I get a VIP 222 will I still pay for two receivers? If so, wouldn't it be better to get 2 VIP 211 so I can have HD on two tvs vs. with 222 one HD and one SD.

thanks in advance for any help.

Would like to upgrade my old two 301's , question is if I get a VIP 222 will I still pay for two receivers? If so, wouldn't it be better to get 2 VIP 211 so I can have HD on two tvs vs. with 222 one HD and one SD.

thanks in advance for any help.

You would pay no receiver fees with a 222 because the first box is included in your programming costs.

Obviously you are trying for the minimum dollar. But, consider Hopper/Joey. All I'm gonna say.

Edit....also consider the cost of 2 EHDs (if not owned already) and the $40 activation fee.

Last edited:
same here. 2 211's

a $7 extra receiver fee (like you have already) and one time $40 fee to make both of them DVR's
no extra DVR fees

Good move, i have two 211k's on my account with each having an EHD. both work great as dvr's and no dvr fee.

Sent from my ZTE WARP using satelliteguys.

Two 211s would by far be the cheapest option for two HDTVs and two DVRs. However for $10 more per month 1 Hopper and 1 Joey would net you another tuner, better interface, DVR sharing, picture-in-picture, far better remotes (radio, learning,) no EHDs required, no EHD activation fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)