Cost of VIP 222 vs. 2 Vip 211

kwalk

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Elon,NC
Would like to upgrade my old two 301's , question is if I get a VIP 222 will I still pay for two receivers? If so, wouldn't it be better to get 2 VIP 211 so I can have HD on two tvs vs. with 222 one HD and one SD.

thanks in advance for any help.

Would like to upgrade my old two 301's , question is if I get a VIP 222 will I still pay for two receivers? If so, wouldn't it be better to get 2 VIP 211 so I can have HD on two tvs vs. with 222 one HD and one SD.

thanks in advance for any help.

You would pay no receiver fees with a 222 because the first box is included in your programming costs.

Obviously you are trying for the minimum dollar. But, consider Hopper/Joey. All I'm gonna say.

Edit....also consider the cost of 2 EHDs (if not owned already) and the $40 activation fee.

Last edited:
same here. 2 211's

a $7 extra receiver fee (like you have already) and one time $40 fee to make both of them DVR's
no extra DVR fees

Two 211s would by far be the cheapest option for two HDTVs and two DVRs. However for $10 more per month 1 Hopper and 1 Joey would net you another tuner, better interface, DVR sharing, picture-in-picture, far better remotes (radio, learning,) no EHDs required, no EHD activation fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts