Cost to swap out SD DVR for HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
I currently have an HD DVR, an SD DVR, and a non-DVR SD receiver.

I recently purchased another HD TV. Wondering what it would cost me to upgrade the SD DVR to an HD DVR. Not only the 1 time costs, but monthly costs (which I can't think of why the monthly costs would be increased...but just thought I'd ask).

Thanks.

That depends on how long it has been since you last upgraded.

The going rate if you've upgraded recently is $199. If it has been close to a year or more, it may be $99.

The price also depends somewhat on how good you are at paying your DIRECTV bill.

I currently have an HD DVR, an SD DVR, and a non-DVR SD receiver.

I recently purchased another HD TV. Wondering what it would cost me to upgrade the SD DVR to an HD DVR. Not only the 1 time costs, but monthly costs (which I can't think of why the monthly costs would be increased...but just thought I'd ask).

Thanks.

Your monthly cost won't change. The upgrade charges varies, like Harshness said. Calling and asking is the only way to find out how much it will be.

I just did this exact same thing. Cost me 99$ for HDDVR. They required an install appointment (free) but I did end up with an HR24! No increase in monthly fee.

99$ for new HD-DVR, sometimes $199. I never had to have additional install, heck honestly nobody has ever asked for old recorders back after upgrade, only when they go out in which I have to send back faulty unit. I have 2 SD & 1DVR I haven't used in about year

Switch out to MRV.
It should cost $99 and they swap out like equipment.
You tech will bring an HD reciever to swap the standard and unless your current DVR is an R16 or R22, he will have to bring a new DVR.
Most techs try to bring a R22 for MRV since it is the only MRV compatible DVR.
If he does bring a R22, then when he activates it, because you already have high def, it should take the HD download automatically.
But double check and see prior to arrival if it is. Also, it does not hurt to have them put it in the notes (won't guarantee an R22 but will help you get one if one is not available to the tech).

Basically, end result it is an R22 will be 1 HD DVR that you already own, 1 standard DVR that will end up being hd, and 1 high def reciever and you being able to watch recorded shows on all 3 TV's

If he brings an R16, you can should be able to call after and get them to send you an R22.
But you need to call immediately.

Total cost should be $99 + $3 a month or you could just swap the current DVR for $99 and get a lot less service but save $3 a month.

BTW, also tell them you want a Broad Band Deca so you can get video on demand and DVR to PC. (this will be free)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts