Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Just letting folks know, when I went to Costco today I saw they are currently running a promo where you get Sunday ticket 2017 and 2018 free plus the promo pricing on the directv site and plus $300 Costco Cash card.
Not a bad deal vs what att is offering on their site which is $100 Visa card.

Just letting folks know, when I went to Costco today I saw they are currently running a promo where you get Sunday ticket 2017 and 2018 free plus the promo pricing on the directv site and plus $300 Costco Cash card.
Not a bad deal vs what att is offering on their site which is $100 Visa card.
D* has been giving the Sunday Ticket away for new subs for many years ...
The 2nd year is new though ...
The $300 Costco Gift card is up from $200, which has been going most of the year.

So you have to decide, $300 from Costco or $100 from anywhere.

If your a Costco member, you can probably find $300 worth pretty easy.

Strange how their worded on their site:

‡$300 COSTCO CASH CARD: Offer valid through 12/31/17. Customer must order new DIRECTV service with 24-month agreement through Costco between 11/12/17-12/31/17. Activation of SELECT Package ($51.99/mo.) or above required. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 1/31/18, DIRECTV will automatically send one (1) $200 Costco Cash Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account. Allow 6–8 weeks for delivery of card. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void in Alaska and Puerto Rico and where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $200 COSTCO CASH CARD OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. OFFERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER DIRECTV COSTCO CASH CARD OFFERS.

DIRECTV | Costco

It says $200 down there but then it talks about $300, where is the other $100 coming from?

Edit, when looking at the DirecTV Costco site:

CASH CARD OFFER: Customer must order new DIRECTV service with 24-month agreement by calling the dedicated toll-free number or at a participating Costco between 11/12/17 - 12/31/17. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 1/31/18, AT&T Reward Center will automatically send one (1) $300 Costco Cash Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account. Allow 3-4 weeks after installation date for delivery of card. The AT&T Reward Center and DIRECTV are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected cards in mail. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $300 COSTCO CASH CARD OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. May not be combined with other promotional offers on same services. Must maintain service from installation date and through reward fulfillment to remain eligible for all offers.

Interesting ....
Wonder which one is accurate ... Ill probably be at a Costco tomorrow, well see if I remember, I'll inquire.

Strange how their worded on their site:

‡$300 COSTCO CASH CARD: Offer valid through 12/31/17. Customer must order new DIRECTV service with 24-month agreement through Costco between 11/12/17-12/31/17. Activation of SELECT Package ($51.99/mo.) or above required. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 1/31/18, DIRECTV will automatically send one (1) $200 Costco Cash Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account. Allow 6–8 weeks for delivery of card. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void in Alaska and Puerto Rico and where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $200 COSTCO CASH CARD OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. OFFERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER DIRECTV COSTCO CASH CARD OFFERS.

DIRECTV | Costco

It says $200 down there but then it talks about $300, where is the other $100 coming from?

Edit, when looking at the DirecTV Costco site:

CASH CARD OFFER: Customer must order new DIRECTV service with 24-month agreement by calling the dedicated toll-free number or at a participating Costco between 11/12/17 - 12/31/17. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 1/31/18, AT&T Reward Center will automatically send one (1) $300 Costco Cash Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account. Allow 3-4 weeks after installation date for delivery of card. The AT&T Reward Center and DIRECTV are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected cards in mail. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $300 COSTCO CASH CARD OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. May not be combined with other promotional offers on same services. Must maintain service from installation date and through reward fulfillment to remain eligible for all offers.
I checked when I was in there over the weekend and Yes, it is a $300 Costco card now.
Probably thru the end of the year.

I went ahead and ordered on Friday through costco since I make a good amount of purchases there. Had to get it under a different family member name... but its all good. The paperwork and everything looked solid, the installer will show up on Tuesday, all they gotta do is install the boxes and thats it since the satellite is already up there and it has the latest LNB for 4K programming.
The guy put the pamplet and gave me the envelope for Costco VIP DirecTV Customer service line...also gave me his personal info incase I run into any problems. They went over the pricing twice, which lines up with the current pricing on the ATT & DirecTV site.

They made sure that I knew I had to call before the 90 days to get the premiums cancelled otherwise I would be charged, also reminded me after next years NFL season that I needed to call to cancel it (2019)
The whole process took less than 30 minutes, mostly had to be on the phone with the lady reading me the disclosures.

$100 xtra was too good to pass up. At least this time I won't have to fight with the DirecTV people to get on the roof to install a dish since its already there.

The contractor that I hired earlier this year did a great job with the install (see pics of my other thread) too bad that guy no longer is a retailer for AT&T/DirecTV since he got fed up with the company.
I noticed there is less and less contractors out there doing DirecTV work.

The equipment that they will have is a HR-54 and a C61K...not sure about the C61K, hopefully all goes well, I heard horrible stories about it and this time I won't go with the wireless genie, not worth $100 install for inferior equipment that can't do 4K.
I was considering the HS-17, but too many bugs and issues with it.

I went ahead and ordered on Friday through costco since I make a good amount of purchases there. Had to get it under a different family member name... but its all good. The paperwork and everything looked solid, the installer will show up on Tuesday, all they gotta do is install the boxes and thats it since the satellite is already up there and it has the latest LNB for 4K programming.
The guy put the pamplet and gave me the envelope for Costco VIP DirecTV Customer service line...also gave me his personal info incase I run into any problems. They went over the pricing twice, which lines up with the current pricing on the ATT & DirecTV site.

They made sure that I knew I had to call before the 90 days to get the premiums cancelled otherwise I would be charged, also reminded me after next years NFL season that I needed to call to cancel it (2019)
The whole process took less than 30 minutes, mostly had to be on the phone with the lady reading me the disclosures.

$100 xtra was too good to pass up. At least this time I won't have to fight with the DirecTV people to get on the roof to install a dish since its already there.

The contractor that I hired earlier this year did a great job with the install (see pics of my other thread) too bad that guy no longer is a retailer for AT&T/DirecTV since he got fed up with the company.

The equipment that they will have is a HR-54 and a C61K...not sure about the C61K, hopefully all goes well, I heard horrible stories about it and this time I won't go with the wireless genie, not worth $100 install for inferior equipment that can't do 4K.
They don't make a wireless Genie that I am aware of ...
Thru Costco you will not get a HS17 either, they are not doing them as of yet ...
As of this moment, D* is allowing HS17s to existing subs, not new subs ... from the last I checked.

They don't make a wireless Genie that I am aware of ...
Thru Costco you will not get a HS17 either, they are not doing them as of yet ...
As of this moment, D* is allowing HS17s to existing subs, not new subs ... from the last I checked.

I was meaning wireless genie mini.
That’s good, lots of complaints out there for the HS17.

If there is already a dish on your house make the installer give you the new dish if he uses your old one.

If not the installer will just keep it.

If there is already a dish on your house make the installer give you the new dish if he uses your old one.

If not the installer will just keep it.

Any specific reason I should ask to keep the dishes? I have no use for em, unless someone here wants it...

there are tons of horror stories on directv forum about costco retailers

be very careful

there are tons of horror stories on directv forum about costco retailers

be very careful
As far as what, the install or what the Costco people are telling them ?
Remember, the Costco people selling D* do NOT work for Costco.
You'll often find them at Lowes, Menards, Best Buy and various other locations.

I would ask them who is doing the install, is it D*/att employees or the people that did them prior to att purchasing them ... or some contractor they hired off the street.

I from time to time check on the stuff the att installers are doing, when I check the signal strength, its generally VERY good.
I have been pleasantly surprised with how well they have peaked dishes.

Another added bonus for enrolling through Costco is you get Costco VIP dedicated customer service to handle issues that would normally be snuffed by DirecTV customer service. This is not to be confused with the Costco Concierge service they provide for their electronic sales. For instance, they personally handle my Free HD for Life w/auto pay because DirecTV screwed it up when they unified my account and tried to tell me I no longer qualified for the discount???!!! Sometimes I have to remind them, but it gets put in as a $10 monthly discount and will continue as long as I'm enrolled in auto pay. This is separate from the current $10 discount they offer if you enroll in auto pay with a debit card. I use an AmEx for my auto pay :) Also, they gave me an additional $10 for 24 months due to having to remind them about the discount that would be missed from time-to-time due to the manual nature of how it is applied.

Another added bonus for enrolling through Costco is you get Costco VIP dedicated customer service to handle issues that would normally be snuffed by DirecTV customer service. This is not to be confused with the Costco Concierge service they provide for their electronic sales. For instance, they personally handle my Free HD for Life w/auto pay because DirecTV screwed it up when they unified my account and tried to tell me I no longer qualified for the discount???!!! Sometimes I have to remind them, but it gets put in as a $10 monthly discount and will continue as long as I'm enrolled in auto pay. This is separate from the current $10 discount they offer if you enroll in auto pay with a debit card. I use an AmEx for my auto pay :) Also, they gave me an additional $10 for 24 months due to having to remind them about the discount that would be missed from time-to-time due to the manual nature of how it is applied.
You think that all those Costco accounts don't go thru D* in the long run ?
I'm sure they are in a seperate type of an account and that the Costco people contact the D* Business accounts side of things when they have issues.

As far as what, the install or what the Costco people are telling them ?
Remember, the Costco people selling D* do NOT work for Costco.
You'll often find them at Lowes, Menards, Best Buy and various other locations.

I would ask them who is doing the install, is it D*/att employees or the people that did them prior to att purchasing them ... or some contractor they hired off the street.

I from time to time check on the stuff the att installers are doing, when I check the signal strength, its generally VERY good.
I have been pleasantly surprised with how well they have peaked dishes.

usually its flat out lies.
rep says one thing, but it never gets input that way.
even the confirmation email does not match the verbal order
i have seen a post where a rep has written everything on a paper, but that info never made it to the contract the person signed with the rep, they just took his word for it

Update, the install was super quick, I am surprised how much faster the c61k is over the wireless Genie, I can fast forward and rewind without delay. So far no audio drop outs.
HR-54 is not much different than the HR44, the guide feels a little smoother but other than that not a lot has changed and no need for an external swm to power the dish since the Hr-54 has a built in one. The guy gave me the genie remotes which I am not a fan of, but he went back to his truck and got me the old school RC66rx remotes which I love.

Also he didn’t give me any trouble, he ran new cables the way I want it to without complaint, he works for smart circle whatever that company is.

I called the Costco VIP line and confirmed that the cash card will be processed after having service for 14 days, after that they will provide a voucher to redeem through Costco to get the cash card and they confirmed it would be for $300.

So my experience was positive, of course in this case they didn’t have to go on the roof to install the dish.

Reactions: ryanogorman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)